John_boy27

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Coronation St
Emmerdale.
Hi Guys. just to encourage some members... it's 2 years now since I was diagnosed diabetic. I have lost 4 stone. my fasting sugar levels are between 4.7 and 5.7 2hrs after a meal 6.5 or lower. I still enjoy a few drinks. and a once a week Chinese restaurant or take away.. (still not on medication). I was thinking of asking the Nurse to take me off the diabetic list. cholesteryl is a bit high (5.5) might have to take satins.
all this is due to LCHF diet AND A LOSE OF WIGHT.
So Guy's if I can do it at 75 you can. keep at it

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Very well done, Sir!

I would think over your decision to ask about coming off the Diabetes Register, your HCPs may not agree, and this would lead to a cessation of tests such as retionopathy screening and foot inspections (these screening tests are particularly important because symptoms are not always apparent in the early stages).

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
So Guy's if I can do it at 75 you can. keep at it

Well done, that's absolutely brilliant. I appreciate the sentiment in encouraging others but feel it necessary to add a small note. We're all different and as soon as somebody can explain why I eat less than somebody who has had bariatric surgery and no longer lose weight, I'd be a very happy man. If my GP could come up with something better than "Your metabolism is broken" would be a start, but lets face it, so long as most people think all fat people only have themselves to blame, I don't think it's in the interest of my GP to investigate further.

Edited to remove previously moderated content

Last edited by a moderator:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Very well done, Sir!

I would think over your decision to ask about coming off the Diabetes Register, your HCPs may not agree, and this would lead to a cessation of tests such as retionopathy screening and foot inspections (these screening tests are particularly important because symptoms are not always apparent in the early stages).

Guzzler - I have been off the register for a couple of years now and still have an annual A1c test (as part of a full blood panel), and retinopathy screening. That I only ever once had my feet tickled, I have zero idea if I wouldhave had more of that had I stayed on.

I don't know of anyone who has come off the register and been cut totally loose. I hear of it third-party, anecdotally, but not from the person themselves.