1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

No more Combo or Insight!

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by EdTedworth, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Hertfordshiremum

Hertfordshiremum · Well-Known Member

Thanks Will let you know Otherwise will be trying the Omnipod

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Civis

Civis · Newbie

Diabetes nurse asked me to consider which pump will replace my out of warranty Accu-chek Insight. I've decided on a T-Slim due to Accu-Chek creating additional anxiety by the changes being forced onto Insight pump users.

3. RuWo

RuWo · Member

I currently use the Accuc-chek Combo pump (I love it! nearly 10years on it and never had any issues) as well as recently started the Freestyle libre 2.
    At my hospital check yesterday they noted they want to 'upgrade' my pump to either Medtronic 780G or Omnipod Dash - no mention of discontinuing the accu-chek. They also noted they wouldnt fund the sensor for the Medatronic which seems to defeat the purppose of the closed loop system! I'm looking into both but not sure about either of them!

4. Hopeful34

Hopeful34 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

They wouldn't fund the sensor for me 3 years ago either, which is why I went for another Combo.

5. NicoleC1971

NicoleC1971 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Same here but I've got used to the new pump and as it is a new generation one, they've invested in it's development IMO . It is a Tandem Control IQ and works with my Dexcom but doesn't have to.
    The future's in closed looping pumps so hope you can be patient when getting used to the new screen etc. Found it all to be fairly intuitive and I am a low tech girl!

6. Dustydog

Dustydog Type 1 · Member

Have to say that disappointed Combo which I have to say I found fantastic moved over to Insight nobly because of the potential that hasn’t come to fruition.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook