1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

No more pumping for now.

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by Spiker, Jun 7, 2015.

1. candi-girl

candi-girl Type 1 · Well-Known Member

well, yes, but just saying there is a 0.1 unit pen

• Like Like x 2
  2. CarolWoods

CarolWoods Type 1 · Member

Oh WOW! So very true. One of the reasons I am about to kick my Medtronic into the bin is because the **** infusion sets fail so often.

Thanks so much for this series of posts as it is helping me make the big decision.

Carol

3. CarbsRok

CarbsRok Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Have you tried all the sets that Medtronic have to offer and as a matter of interest what is the issue with them?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. tim2000s

tim2000s Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

I was going to say the same thing as @CarbsRok . I've used most of the different types of set that Medtronic provide and I've not had an issue with failure on any of them.

5. candi-girl

candi-girl Type 1 · Well-Known Member

i've tried all medtronic sets, animas ones and accu check ones in my time when i was on the pump. all made me bleed, bruise, feel sore and just not work. got so fed up with it all. MDI is working out much better, at least the insulin has gone in!

6. dancer

dancer Type 1 · Well-Known Member

@candi-girl, I received a card from Medtronic, a few weeks ago, telling me about a new 3mm Mio infusion set. This is aimed at slim or muscular people. Despite what my former DSN said, I am neither slim nor muscular, so decided to stick with my usual Mio.

Have you tried this set? I did wonder if it would safely stay in place during exercise of any type. I did suggest it to a relative who's slim, 11 year old son is on the pump and is having trouble with his present set.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook