No more pumping for now.

CarolWoods

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
By the way I want to acknowledge a huge debt to everyone who stuck it out with pumps back in the day when they were only 85% reliable, then 90% reliable, then 95% reliable, etc. Without the efforts of those people pumps would not have improved to the reliability they have today. Still not perfect but vastly improved.

I think the problem I faced as much as anything is maybe the improvement trend going into reverse, on infusion sets, as the technology "matures" and they start to think they can cut costs and cut quality control on the manufacturing of these expendable but vital components.
Oh WOW! So very true. One of the reasons I am about to kick my Medtronic into the bin is because the **** infusion sets fail so often.

Thanks so much for this series of posts as it is helping me make the big decision.

Carol

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Oh WOW! So very true. One of the reasons I am about to kick my Medtronic into the bin is because the **** infusion sets fail so often.
Have you tried all the sets that Medtronic have to offer and as a matter of interest what is the issue with them?

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other

Thanks so much for this series of posts as it is helping me make the big decision.

Carol
I was going to say the same thing as @CarbsRok . I've used most of the different types of set that Medtronic provide and I've not had an issue with failure on any of them.

candi-girl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i've tried all medtronic sets, animas ones and accu check ones in my time when i was on the pump. all made me bleed, bruise, feel sore and just not work. got so fed up with it all. MDI is working out much better, at least the insulin has gone in!

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@candi-girl, I received a card from Medtronic, a few weeks ago, telling me about a new 3mm Mio infusion set. This is aimed at slim or muscular people. Despite what my former DSN said, I am neither slim nor muscular, so decided to stick with my usual Mio.

Have you tried this set? I did wonder if it would safely stay in place during exercise of any type. I did suggest it to a relative who's slim, 11 year old son is on the pump and is having trouble with his present set.