Non Weight Loss Victories

Lindy1706

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I know Weight loss is important to us but I have had a fair few victories lately that are not all to do with the numbers;

The towel at the gym that used to gap two months ago recently neatly wrapped round me

I got the message when signing into the gym yesterday that my Programme was completed and I needed to book an appointment with the Personal Trainer to get it up dated......this has never ever happened to me before ever!

I have sent over 15 bin bags of oversized clothes to the local charity shop so I have a much less cluttered wardrobe

It takes me half the time to get ready to go out as I decide what to wear, put it on, check I am happy then leave and no longer do the "that looks horrific" panicked running around trying on 20 things to go with the thing I think looks less horrific.

I can wear my wedding and engagement rings again after two years

My old bras fit again and I am discovering how good wearing matching underwear makes me feel again

I no longer cruise Yours Clothing and Evans for new items of clothing.

So let's have some of your non scale victories

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know Weight loss is important to us but I have had a fair few victories lately that are not all to do with the numbers;

The towel at the gym that used to gap two months ago recently neatly wrapped round me

I got the message when signing into the gym yesterday that my Programme was completed and I needed to book an appointment with the Personal Trainer to get it up dated......this has never ever happened to me before ever!

Well done Lindy that's great news and you're obviously doing a great job.. keep it up.
Best regards
Mark

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I have sent over 15 bin bags of oversized clothes to the local charity shop so I have a much less cluttered wardrobe.
I donated a lot of size 32" waist trousers to a charity sending clothes to refugees last summer, and had to buy 34 and 36" sizes, before I was diagnosed T2.
Now those are too big for me and I have given them to an overseas aid charity. Some hadn't even been worn.
I am now having to buy 30" sizes and they are a bit loose, but it is difficult to find size 28" men's trousers, apart from skinny jeans which I am too old to wear. :)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I have sent over 15 bin bags of oversized clothes to the local charity shop so I have a much less cluttered wardrobe

It takes me half the time to get ready to go out as I decide what to wear, put it on, check I am happy then leave and no longer do the "that looks horrific" panicked running around trying on 20 things to go with the thing I think looks less horrific.

I can wear my wedding and engagement rings again after two years

My old bras fit again and I am discovering how good wearing matching underwear makes me feel again

I no longer cruise Yours Clothing and Evans for new items of clothing.

So let's have some of your non scale victories

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

Lindy - For clothing, have you considered eBay for the "better" stuff?

I gave loads to the local charity shops, but got all sad one day, feeling a bit frustrated about the quality of stuff I was sending in, so decided to give it a go. I was utterly astonished.

OK, some things only brought back a few pounds, but one dress (just a stripey, 3/4 sleeve body-con style dress) brought back as much as I had paid for it new! It was nice, but not that nice, by comparison to the winter coats and business suits I listed.

In the end, I had people repeat buying up my stuff, having made it clear on each listing there was more coming. So that I didn't have an admin nightmare packing and dispatching at the end of the listings, I listed in batches, ending Sunday evenings, when I know I would be around to answer any last minute queries. I bought in (from eBay) some heavy duty polythene envelopes in a couple of sizes.

When a listed an item, I hung it on a rail, in a spare bedroom. When it finished, I printed the sale details and postage from eBay. I took the item off it's hanger, added the sale details to the envelope, sealed it, stuck on the postage (printed out onto a sticky label, and when I'd done, trundle off to the PO on the Monday, just to drop it off and get a proof of postage.

Needless to say, recycling the clothing helped fund the next lot.

I have another load to go, of things I either just don't wear or were "interim" to me, which I will photograph this weekend, and list next, again, ending on the Sunday.

Clase

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Reality TV
Good morning. My victories are the BG numbers, often 5.3 before a meal and 5.3 two hours after. In the 23 years since diagnosis they have never been so stable. That's also having dropped two of the three gliclazide per day. Very very satisfying!

Reactions: 6 people

ChrisSamsDad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
UKIP, royalty, football, gin, goat's cheese.
I out-danced my teenage kids at Bearded Theory Festival this weekend, every night when they went to bed wife and I were in the Swing tent or hardcore rave tent throwing shapes and busting some moves. Proper dancing too, lifting my feet off the ground and everything, not just shuffling about like most of the other old folks.

carol43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I lose my husband when out shopping because I am so much 'thinner' that he doesn't recognise me from the back and he wanders off looking for me.. I do find him again.

PosyPip

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've been monitoring my blood pressure for the last few months during which I've lost two stone. Even just a few weeks ago it was consistently around 135/95, and has been coming down gradually. Today it was 99/72. I can never remember it being that low - I'm amazed - I had to repeat it as i thought it must be a mistake.

The DN was considering BP meds last time I saw her; I don't think she will when I see her in a week or two's time.