Norovirus

enzina

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pain, being dependent, egoistic people & jealousy
I am just recovering from a really bad, nasty bug. Yesterday i suddenly started vomiting, had terrible diarhoe and felt incredible weak. In the evening the temperature was 38.5 degrees and i was unable to watch TV, read or answer my messages.

I had taken 3 units Novorapid but threw up dinner and couldn't eat anything again. So i had some juice and monitored during the night. Although i was so tired i haven't slept a seond last night. Only an hour ago it suddenly got better, i could walk the dogs but am still a bit wobbly. I never had anything like that and usually never lie down in the daytime but this bug robbed me of all energy.

Anyway, i'm glad it's over.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@enzina sorry to hear that. I am pretty tough but there is nothing that floors me more than a V&D virus. It usually is 24 hours but with diabetes it is much more challenging. I had a 24 hour recently which came on instantly and I saw unprecedented BG levels though I was barely keeping water down. Please be kind to yourself for a couple of days and just do necessary things.

Reactions: enzina

Tracie1212

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Sorry you have been so unwell I had the same bug a couple of weeks ago. Had problems keeping my levels above 3 next time I'm going for sugared water. Glad you are recovering take it slowly took me 14 days to feel anywhere near better. Take care.

pinewood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had EXACTLY the same thing on Monday!

It was over as soon as it started, although my stomach is still a bit fragile. Hope you feel better really soon.

enzina

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pain, being dependent, egoistic people & jealousy
Hi @pinewood,

That's funny (not) you had the same thing. My stomach is still a bit fragile too but the good news is i have lost 2 kg. :)

Best wishes.

Reactions: pinewood

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah yes. The norovirus. An old friend of mine. :(

I recommend chicken soup during your recovery. It really is the universal panacea! :D

And please don’t prepare food or drink for anyone else for a few days, or you might end up sharing the luuurve.

Reactions: Dodo and enzina