Not been on here for a long time

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I took a break for forums as I was focusing too much on diabetes
Not sure how many of you remember me but I was diagnosed with macular oedema only a month after my type 1 diagnosis, after numerous eye injections I then had to have lasering done last November, it had been 3 monthly regular check ups for me since 2016 but this year I have been given a 6 month break :)
I got the Libre on prescription back in April and loving getting back to going out for long walks as my Libre is giving me the confidence again
Also had my consultant review last month and results are all good with my hba1c at 40 and my consultant commenting that I had the best Libre graphs he'd seen, also commented on how far I've come since my diagnosis, so if anyone remembers me I just want to say hey and also hey to all newbies as well :)
xx

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I took a break for forums as I was focusing too much on diabetes
Not sure how many of you remember me but I was diagnosed with macular oedema only a month after my type 1 diagnosis, after numerous eye injections I then had to have lasering done last November, it had been 3 monthly regular check ups for me since 2016 but this year I have been given a 6 month break :)
I got the Libre on prescription back in April and loving getting back to going out for long walks as my Libre is giving me the confidence again
Also had my consultant review last month and results are all good with my hba1c at 40 and my consultant commenting that I had the best Libre graphs he'd seen, also commented on how far I've come since my diagnosis, so if anyone remembers me I just want to say hey and also hey to all newbies as well :)
xx
Well done kaylz91 keep up the good work you have done fantastic

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hey there, what a lovely positive post, well done and I hope diabetes and life continues to be good for you.

ps I will getting a Libre at the end of June after a two week trial and I can't wait,

Take care

Reactions: WuTwo and kaylz91

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey there, what a lovely positive post, well done and I hope diabetes and life continues to be good for you.

ps I will getting a Libre at the end of June after a two week trial and I can't wait,

Take care
it has given me so much freedom, you'll <3 it!! :) xx

Reactions: porl69

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Welcome back @kaylz91 .
I do remember you amazingly, memory like a goldfish usually.
If I recall I put you in touch with the legend that was @GrantGam regarding something, may have been libre up in your neck of the woods.

Reactions: porl69

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Welcome back @kaylz91, great to hear you’re doing well now.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I can vaguely remember you @kaylz91. Amazing job you are doing......keep up the good wok :)

Reactions: kaylz91

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I can vaguely remember you @kaylz91. Amazing job you are doing......keep up the good wok :)
Thanks, taking big steps to get back into my fitness, got a gift last week, a 2 in 1 cross trainer/exercise bike, done 3km Monday and yesterday and would've gone further yesterday if my leg hadn't started aching from doing my new contraceptive injection though lol, small increases in distance until I see how my levels react and whether basal reduction will need to be considered :) xx

Reactions: Kim Possible