Dragonflye

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey guys!!! :D

Just figured id not been on here in a while I'd come back lol

I am now 31 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child :crazy:

My 1st pregnancy was EASY compared to this 1 lol I had all the usual crazy sugars for the first trimester then had huge number of weeks of massively high sugars I couldnt get down. A lot of things going on in my life been keeping me busy (daughter started school last week :D )

Last week my insulin requirements dropped to 40% which could be a problem with placenta however the baby is still moving and kicking (like crazy the little git :lol: ) so hospitals not too worried yet :)

The bit im chuffed with, is even with all the issues I've been having my HBA1c is 6.7 and my diabetic team think im doing a fantastic job with making changes on my pump :) although it helps being on CGM 24/7 lol

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Oooo thats great news. Do let us know what you have, weight, name etc, leave out the gory details lol tho' been there done that, good luck.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Congratulations and good luck with it all. Your going to be very busy :wink: With best wished RRB

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
The very best of luck Dragonfly, do keep us informed of your progress :)

shop

Thats fantastic Congrats!! Pleased thet you are doing so well too. Best of luck and as Nigel says keep us updated :D

Lucy xxx

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
Well done you - you're doing brilliantly . As others have said, keep us posted.

Dragonflye

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey guys :) As some of you may ahve noticed from anotehr thread my husband posted things are not going easily for me at the moment lol

I had another episode of massively low sugars but lucky none since :) my baby decided to put on a massive growth spurt which got the hospital alarmed again so having checks 2x a week now :)

And now this week has just gone pear shaped... Tuesday night I was in the Maternity labour ward assessment unit as they thought i could have pre eclampsia as I had an almighty horrible headache, then feeling ill all wednesday, saw out of hours doc thursday evening as I had ketones of 2.0 with blood sugars of 3.9 and was told i had an infection, so sent home and told to drink plenty... by morning my ketones had raised to 3.8 and i was throwing up, couldnt breath properly and was feeling horrible so texted my DSN at 6:30am... i had a response less than a minute later (shes dedicated as she was eating her brekky at the time) telling me to get to hospital NOW to be put on a drip lol your probably aware if youve read my hubbies post i was refused an ambulance...

still stuck in hospital but now on a maternity ward with doctors who finally know what they are doing :) as long as my bicarb results are up they are letting me home :) (they were dangerously low when i first came into hospital)

Less than 2 weeks to go and bambino will be here :D

catza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good to hear you are at last getting the quality of care you deserve. I will look forward to hearing about the baby over the coming weeks. :thumbup:

shop

Oh Dragonflye,

Bless you hope you and baby are OK and that soon you will be having lovely cuddles. I am aware of the other thread and had posted good wishes for you and your baby. Unfortunately sometimes some people can be very opinionated and critical without hearing the full story. I was pleased to see some supportive and informative posts there too. You seem to have had a tough time recently and all I would like to wish you is the best for you your baby and your family.

Lucy xxx

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
All the best for your baby, you and family.

Roy.

Dragonflye

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well I have my last scan today :) I already know the baby is big, just need to find out to how much bigger its got :D I'll be having my date set today so I'll finally know when I'll be able to meet my new bambino :D

I'm hoping for this Thursday but with the way my luck runs it will be a week on Thursday LOL

Dragonflye

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well I've had my date set :D 1st November :) Consultant wanted it sooner but due to wanting me to have steroids and to let my hand recover from my IV last week, soonest this little git will be born :) unless of course it decides to come early... which is possible as they dont know if my contractions have started LOL
I went on a monitor today and my braxton hicks contractions were coming VERY regular, so they wanting me to keep an eye on pain lol

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Dragonflye said:
Well I've had my date set :D 1st November :) Consultant wanted it sooner but due to wanting me to have steroids and to let my hand recover from my IV last week, soonest this little git will be born :) unless of course it decides to come early... which is possible as they dont know if my contractions have started LOL
I went on a monitor today and my braxton hicks contractions were coming VERY regular, so they wanting me to keep an eye on pain lol

Not long then Dragonflye, here's hoping all goes well :thumbup:

Dragonflye

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Getting nervous now :D My 4 year old keeps reminding me how many sleeps left (6 today).... i didnt even know she could count down lol had steroid injections yesterday and today which messed up my sugars lol got up to 9.5 last night with ketones of 1.2 but was able to deal with it :)

Dragonflye

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well saw my diabetic team for the last time before I have the baby :D got to admit it was a positive experience... they are really impressed with how ive managed my diabetes during this pregnancy and thats even with all the issues i have had :) they are soooo impressed with me they want me to talk about it in the next pump meeting they do :D it feels good to be noticed for doing something good :)

Dragonflye

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Heyhey :)
My c-section went ahead as planned and on 1st November at 9:58 I had my beautiful daughter Amelia, weighing a whopping 9lb3 :D The diabetes did cause a slight complication which was made worse by her being a little on the big side however we are both doing welland hoping to go home tomorrow :)

Side effect of being a diabetic mother is that the babies can hypo when born, which amelia did... being a bigger baby meant that what i was giving her wasnt quite enough so she remained hypo for quite some time :) however she has more than recovered and is doing great apart from having had lots of blood glucose tests done on her feet :D

shop

Oh Dragonfly..................Bless you and Amelia..................So pleased for you and your family. I didn't know about the hypo complication but am glad that she is now OK and you too. You take care and enjoy your baby you deserve to.

Luc xxx :D :D :D :thumbup: :thumbup: