Not coping

ewpfaffly

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Conflict
Just another piece of info you all may not want... A number of inhalers for asthmatics have thrush in the throat as a possible side effect. My son was told to gargle after using his inhaler to prevent this....
I was put on an inhaler too, and told to rinse. I didn't know why, but now I do. It is Symbicort. I noticed it also drops my BS a lot. Prednisone on the other hand raised it a lot.

CIarebear

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow thanks so much for all these replies. Everyone is so nice on here! Now we're into January I need to go back to the diabetic nurse for a blood test (argh needle phobic!) initially on diagnosis the nurse wanted me on a much higher dose of metformin but because I was eating well and being good I kept going low rather than high so we settled for the one a day, plus it was causing me an awful lot of stomach issues.

What are others on dose-wise with metformin and gliclazide?

Petaluk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ps. Buy canestan soothing liquip soap. It's £7.99 a bottle out of boots but it works immediately. I have used 2% cream but ended up on 6mths worth of pessaries on prescription whilst i got insulin at the right dosage and far lower bgs.
Let me know once you have thrown those high carbs out which are causing it.
Is this good for athletes foot?

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is this good for athletes foot?
The best thing I have used for athletes foot is called Once, which you only need to apply guess how many times. Unfortunately, I seem to remember they asked me if I was diabetic, which I wasn't at the time, so may not be suitable.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@Petaluk give your local chemist a ring and ask which one is suitable for diabetics and your meds, if any.
Mine are great.
Let me know how you get on. :)

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The best thing I have used for athletes foot is called Once, which you only need to apply guess how many times. Unfortunately, I seem to remember they asked me if I was diabetic, which I wasn't at the time, so may not be suitable.
Actually called Lamisil Once.

Reactions: Petaluk

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Actually called Lamisil Once.
Not sure why they asked that. DN recommended it a couple of years back and it worked fine. It or something similar is available on prescription; but, since I couldn't get an appointment at the time, I ended up buying it.

Reactions: Petaluk

Petaluk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you @ickihun @Mr_Pot i will ask my chemist as getting an appointment with my doctor is ridiculous these days :/