Not good

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
did my workout this morning. Think I was 8 something just before breakfast. 2hrs 20 after eating and I got 10.2.

It is my time of the month but that’s high. It hasn’t risen especially a lot but it has reached double figures!!

Am so peed off with it.

Could it be this high just because of time if month? Is it bad timing because first week off meds?
Am starting to worry a little that I’m not going to manage to stay off meds.

God I hate diabetes.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Depending on breakfast it could be time of month, feet on floor, dawn phenomenon, exercise as well as the drugs not being there. Watch what it does the rest of the day. The exercise might have a delayed beneficial effect later that lasts. A different part of your cycle in otherwise identical circumstances might be different.

In your shoes I’d watch carefully but not panic. You need the bigger picture not a single reading or even a single day and even a single week needs context.

Reactions: woollygal

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
Thanks.

To be honest I’m seeing an overall increase every day. Yesterday didn’t go lower than 6 all day. I’m definitely higher.

Fingers crossed it’s just time of the month. But I’m not overly optimistic on this one.

M

Member496333

Depending on the intensity of the exercise, morning workouts may very well cause a rise in glucose at a time when dawn phenomenon is already likely to be having an effect. If possible, you may benefit from exercising later in the day.

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
I think DP has already happened and disappeared. Around 6 it was 9 something (think it hit me as I got up to pee about 3.30) then by time I got up at 7.15 ish it was back to 7.6. So don’t think it’s DP although could be wrong.

I do know I felt amazing. Had bundles of energy although now I’m just starting to feel tired and icky.

M

Member496333

I think DP has already happened and disappeared.

You will always have a propensity for your sugars to go higher, or stay higher, in the earlier part of the day, since this is when cortisol levels are highest. Your liver is more likely to be secreting glucose during this time irrespective of food, especially if you consider hepatic insulin resistance as a factor. Exercise may very well result in even more glucose being released during a time in the day when you could do without it.

All theory, of course, but it would not a be a surprise if the workout was exacerbating matters for you.