Not sure how bad this is.

ImSpiritus

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Evening all,

Just as I thought I was turning a corner being a 3c and finally getting my head around being diagnosed with diabetes, I get a letter from the consultant ref my pancreatitis. My pancreatic duct is dialated quite above the norm. They can see some fibrosis and scarring and I now need MRI scan to see if there is any stricture.

Hate Google as everything pointing to the panky is always bad news. So not sure how bad it is or how worried should I be. I think the bit quite above the norm says I should be worried.

Grant1969

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and my personal inabilities.
Hi there, sounds almost exactly the same as me, initially don't panic, easy said I know but what happens for me is a simple stent, a tiny little piece of tube almost, put in the stricture to open it up and stop it closing causing you the difficulties. Getting the stent put in, I'll be honest, while not pleasant isn't terrible, over before you know it type thing. I've had err, 5 or 6 now, it's become normal procedure for myself through the year, stent in, a few months later then stent out and you guessed it, when the bile duct plays up again, stent back in. Hoping all the best for you.

Reactions: KB1978

JohnH2019

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not completely similar, but this book (Primal Pancreas) had a lot of info that helped me by reducing overall insults to the pancreas, a bunch of helpful tests, and food/nutrients info. It helped me with exocrine pancreatic insufficiency, which might be a side effect to what you are going through.

Reactions: SimonCrox