Nova rapid 3 or 4 times

xmas

Hello I've had my rapid today before breakfast.. Lunch and lastely before dinner at 5pm (10 units). And I've just taken my lantus (40 units)

Now it's 8.pm (I'm in thailand). And I want a ham and salad sandwich. 4slices brown bread, ham and salad now should I inject rapid before this? Any advise on this as this would be my fouth rapid injection is that ok and also how much should one inject to cover this

Thanks

glucosegirl

Dislikes
diabetes
Yes, you should take NovoRapid for this. You take it whenever you eat a significant amount of carbohydrate. To determine how much you should take you should use your insulin to carbohydrate ratio. For example if you normally take one unit for every 10g carbs and your meal is 30g carbs then you would take 3 units. If the NovoRapid injections are less than four hours apart then you may need to reduce the dose slightly as there will still be some insulin working from your previous injection. If you want any help calculating your insulin to carb ratio or how to work out how much insulin is left from your previous injection(called insulin on board or active insulin) feel free to send me a pm. Think Like A Pancreas is a great book that explains how to do all of this. Hope this helps.

xmas

glucosegirl said:
Yes, you should take NovoRapid for this. You take it whenever you eat a significant amount of carbohydrate. To determine how much you should take you should use your insulin to carbohydrate ratio. For example if you normally take one unit for every 10g carbs and your meal is 30g carbs then you would take 3 units. If the NovoRapid injections are less than four hours apart then you may need to reduce the dose slightly as there will still be some insulin working from your previous injection. If you want any help calculating your insulin to carb ratio or how to work out how much insulin is left from your previous injection(called insulin on board or active insulin) feel free to send me a pm. Think Like A Pancreas is a great book that explains how to do all of this. Hope this helps.

Thanks that's great