Type 2 Novarapid

joeynomates1969

I'm type 2 but I've been put on Landis and novarapid as I developed ketones due to an abcess, anyway, my question is ...how.low do.you go before you stop injecting before a meal. I'm currently on 4 units per meal and by the evening before a meal my blood sugars are reading 6 mmol. I've not been told what to do so any advice would be great. Thanks in advance

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Well, for a type 1 the aim is to be between 4.5 and 7 before a meal. So you are "safe" on a 6. How about waiting until Mon and calling your doctor/nurse?

joeynomates1969

Well, for a type 1 the aim is to be between 4.5 and 7 before a meal. So you are "safe" on a 6. How about waiting until Mon and calling your doctor/nurse?
Thanks for the reply. Just a bit paranoid over the whole thing. Lots of emotions and anger at the moment

scotteric

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm type 2 but I've been put on Landis and novarapid as I developed ketones due to an abcess, anyway, my question is ...how.low do.you go before you stop injecting before a meal. I'm currently on 4 units per meal and by the evening before a meal my blood sugars are reading 6 mmol. I've not been told what to do so any advice would be great. Thanks in advance

I adjust my dose based on my blood sugar and what I am eating, so if I was low I would take less and maybe wait before injecting depending on what I'm eating. As a type 1 I can't get away without injecting before a meal even if I am low, unless I am eating a very small amount of carbs. It might be different for you however, it's a lot of trial and error.

joeynomates1969

I adjust my dose based on my blood sugar and what I am eating, so if I was low I would take less and maybe wait before injecting depending on what I'm eating. As a type 1 I can't get away without injecting before a meal even if I am low, unless I am eating a very small amount of carbs. It might be different for you however, it's a lot of trial and error.
Thank you