Novomix 30

jmlondon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hello,

I've been using Novomix 30 for 10 years now since I diagnosed in 2003, and I've managed my diabetes quite well, but I'm always open to new things to see if I could improve my readings. I know Novomix 30 is fairly old school now, with many people changing to basal-bolus, but I was wondering if there are any other Novomix 30 users out there, and would like to know how they're finding it?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you.

Jamie :)

h5eks62

Hello,

I've bit ok, nowen using Novomix 30 for 10 years now since I diagnosed in 2003, and I've managed my diabetes quite well, but I'm always open to new things to see if I could improve my readings. I know Novomix 30 is fairly old school now, with many people changing to basal-bolus, but I was wondering if there are any other Novomix 30 users out there, and would like to know how they're finding it?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you.

Hi jamie, I have been on novomix 30 for 8 years now, finding It ok, inject 60 units am and 45 pm, my nurse is talking about starting me on novonix50, as back ground giving me night hypos, how are your readings over night, gary

jmlondon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi Gary, thank you for your response. I'm sorry that you're experiencing some hypo's at night. I am absolutely fine at night. I don't take my readings during the night, but before I go to bed they are probably between 5 and 9, and in the morning they are around 6 to 10. I'm fairly happy with these readings, but I have to be very disciplined to get these readings. Have you ever been asked to go onto Novorapid and Lantus? Jamie :)

h5eks62

Hi jamie,no not been asked to go onto novorapid,but nurse wont to try me on novomix 50,my morning readings are between 11 and 15 hence the dose of 60 units am.i am also very disciplined but still keep having night hypos,hope new nix will sort that out.
Glad your readings are that good,are you going on novorapid.?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

jmlondon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi Gary, sorry I didn't get a notification you sent me a new message so apologies for not responding sooner. I was not aware of a Novomix 50. Does this mean it's 50/50 in terms of fast acting and intermediate?

I'm not sure about changing my insuin yet. I know Novomix 30 is old compared to Novorapid, but it does work for me so I'm keen to keep with it. I'm trying to research more different types of insulin this year, and see if there would be a better one for me. I suppose I can try Novorapid and go back to Novomix 30 if it' not working out.

h5eks62

Hi jamie,yes novomix 50 is 50% fast acting and 50%back ground,I know novomix 30 is old school but if it works for you keep with it,but have a look at 50 see what you think. Best gary

jmlondon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thanks, Gary, I appreciate your positive words. Yes, I will look into Novomix 50 more. Thanks for all your help. Have a serene evening.