Anyone changed from one to the other and how did it work out please

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I used NovoRapid for over 10 years.
I trialled Humalog for a month.

I found my dose requirement was the same.
I found Humalog peak was later than the NovoRapid peak.

However, we are all different and I have read others having different experience.

mattjen1972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Anyone changed from one to the other and how did it work out please
I found it horrible, made me sick and give me diarrhoea and sulphur burps, I was in constant pain so I stopped, I tried it for 6 weeks and tried to work through the side affects but aftern2 weeks of suffering I went back to toujeo, I've tried trulicity,humulin and all these slow release affect me, I wish they'd out me back on Novarapid but they won't, so they've added more tablets emplaflagazin and glycazide

mattjen1972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I did and it made me ill despite trying for 6 weeks, I got the sickness and diarrhoea and sulphur burps which were awful.
I cannot tolerate the slow release I've tried trulicity and humulin and others, I wish they'd put me back on novarapid as my sugars are in 20s and 30s

• Hug
Reactions: EllieM

Finnlee

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I usually take Humalog and wanted to try NovoRapid.

I don't notice a difference between the two. I dose the same and there is no noticeable difference with the timing of the peaks for me.

As @In Response said, we're all different and our bodies will react to insulin differently.

PhilReed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone, many thanks for these very useful inputs.

I am in the throws of changing from Humalog to NovoRapid purely due to getting the very useful timer on the NovoPen... (I can forget when/what I have taken!!). However I can't seem to get the dose correct on the NovoRapid yet and my sugar keeps going up or doesn't go down enough... I am increasing my NovoRapid dose due to that...

I still go back to HumaLog when the NovoRapid hasn't worked well... People say the dose is about the same but seemingly not for me just now...

I have read you are not meant to mix the two types is that true...?

Thanks, Phil.

chrisbug

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Radio 1.
Hi,
I went from Humalog to Novorapid, using pens initially while I got used to it, now using the Novorapid in ypsopump.
I have found the Novorapid takes a bit longer to peak, usually about an 1¾ hours.
Ratios seemed to be similar, whilst I was using the NovoPen I found the battery was going flat very quickly, so the memory function became non-working.
Are the latest ones compatible with an app?

PhilReed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there chrisbug, thanks for that, I only use the 3mL pens for all insulins I have and they are great. Yes you can use an app with the new NovoPen, I just haven't tried too hard yet... I have increased the dose slightly when using NovoRapid but still doesn't seem to knock the sugars down as much or quickly, will keep trying though :)

May I ask did you stop the Humalog and start the NovoRapid in one go?

chrisbug

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Radio 1.
May I ask did you stop the Humalog and start the NovoRapid in one go?[/QUOTE]

Hi @PhilReed
Yes I did.
I began using the Novorapid as soon as I received it, and didn't use the Humalog again.
I hope you get this all sorted soon.

PhilReed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Many thanks indeed chrisbug, yeah it will be sorted, just may take a while to adjust :)