Novorapid

Good morning everyone,
This past few weeks I've been getting hot about 20 mins after taking Novorapid, it only lasts for about 15 mins or so but it's something new, I've been on it for 4 years now and thought it strange that I should be feeling this after all this time. Does anyone else have this feeling? Hope you all have a nice day :)

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
Hi,

I've been using novorapid for almost 3 years and never experienced what you mention.

I would think allergic reaction.. but you've been using it a long time so i'm not too sure!

My reply will bump you up so hopefully someone can answer.

Have you looked at the leaflet to see if it's listed as a possible side affect? if the leaflet does have a list as such, i have actually never looked! :shock:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hi oneman,

It does look like you are experiencing some sort of allergic reaction to the insulin, discuss this with your diabetes team as there are alternatives that work just as well as novorapid.

Nigel

RobbieDobby

Hi I am new to this site. I have been on novamix 30 since 2000 and am getting resistant to it. Now I have been offered novarapid and another type that lasts for 24 hours. If anyone can give me any information on this I would be grateful thanks

jacks69

RobbieDobby - Novarapide is a fast acting insulin and only lasts approx 4 to 5 hours in your system and deals basically with the food u putting in. Levermir which i assume is the 24 hour one u mention is a slow releast insulin that basically covers the time in between therefore helping to decrease the peaks in glucose levels when the nova rapide is exhausted.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
RobbieDobby said:
Hi I am new to this site. I have been on novamix 30 since 2000 and am getting resistant to it. Now I have been offered novarapid and another type that lasts for 24 hours. If anyone can give me any information on this I would be grateful thanks

Novorapid (as jacks69) says is a fast acting insulin taken with food, the 24 hour insulin could be either lantus or levemir. Most find lantus lasts the full 24 hours as where some patients find they have to split levemir due to it fading out around the 18 hour mark.

Nigel