Numb throbbing toes

Petaluk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi everyone. I was diagnosed nearly a month ago and have since been following a LCHF diet. Recently I have been suffering from pain and annoying sensations in my toe/s. I’m on metformin, so after reading ibuprofen is bad with this medication, have been using paracetamol - but absolutely useless. In agony, especially in the evening.
I have tried, chilled jelly pots lol and recently a hot gel bag ( like hot water bottle in principle but electric) this seems to help a bit. The pain seems to be on the tips of my toes and on the top bones leading to my toes. I have also started to have a small glass of blue top milk in the morning, in case it’s due to calcium deficiency. I also take multibionta multi vitamins. I am also on atorvastatin, zopiclone and diazepam for sleeping. I was on omeprazole, but find I only need it if I eat onions. I appreciate you are not doctors but would be very grateful to hear your experiences and stories regarding pain relief. Thank you!

Also...I feel exhausted all the time recently..so exercise is not happening.

Last edited:

Struma

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Other
Because of your numbness, you would be well advised not to use any heat. Diabetes + numbness (parasthesia/ dysasthesia) is an injury waiting to happen.

Crocodile

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I can't have it often
Hi everyone. I was diagnosed nearly a month ago and have since been following a LCHF diet. Recently I have been suffering from pain and annoying sensations in my toe/s. I’m on metformin, so after reading ibuprofen is bad with this medication, have been using paracetamol - but absolutely useless. In agony, especially in the evening.
I have tried, chilled jelly pots lol and recently a hot gel bag ( like hot water bottle in principle but electric) this seems to help a bit. The pain seems to be on the tips of my toes and on the top bones leading to my toes. I have also started to have a small glass of blue top milk in the morning, in case it’s due to calcium deficiency. I also take multibionta multi vitamins. I am also on atorvastatin, zopiclone and diazepam for sleeping. I was on omeprazole, but find I only need it if I eat onions. I appreciate you are not doctors but would be very grateful to hear your experiences and stories regarding pain relief. Thank you!

Also...I feel exhausted all the time recently..so exercise is not happening.
Do a forum search on "peripheral neuropathy". There's some good info.
Glenn

Reactions: Petaluk

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I was first diagnosed because of peripheral neuropathy that was making it hard to walk and sleep: in my case, getting my sugars down helped a lot, and more importantly, getting my triglycerides down made a real difference. I don't have any pain at all now, so I hope you can do something similar. Good luck to you.

Petaluk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Because of your numbness, you would be well advised not to use any heat. Diabetes + numbness (parasthesia/ dysasthesia) is an injury waiting to happen.
Oh no!

Petaluk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was first diagnosed because of peripheral neuropathy that was making it hard to walk and sleep: in my case, getting my sugars down helped a lot, and more importantly, getting my triglycerides down made a real difference. I don't have any pain at all now, so I hope you can do something similar. Good luck to you.
Thank you, I have managed to get my bs stable for the last 3 weeks

Crocodile

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I can't have it often
Thank you, I have managed to get my bs stable for the last 3 weeks
My neuropathy took longer than that. About 3 months. It hasn't gone away completely but it is not bad now. I can live with it. I also took R-ALA supplements. These helped quite a bit at first but plateaued after a while. Tried Zostrix cream too but not sure if it worked or I was just having a good day at the time.
Take her handy,
Glenn