Number of daily injections

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
Thanks so much for your honest reply TONY,its best we agree to disagree as multiple daily jabs is just no advance.I too had needles like bolts and urine tests ,but its not about any pain on injection...Its the constant thinking I must jab,must jab never goes away I mean people need a break from this constant Diabetic mindset .Timeout without having to constantly obsess over ***k*** Diabetes and The DIABETIC Clique on the many Diabetic forums.Please excuse the stars everything is fine these days ROSE TINTED GLASSES .

Disagreeing is part of what a forum is all about N066 the trick is to disagree nicely and I don't always find it easy making a point in a way that doesn't come across rude/smug/ill mannered etc...
I am that used to "thinking" like a diabetic it doesn't bother me in the slightest but the same cannot be said for the 2 stomach problems I have so I do take your point and in my case the diabetes is the lesser of the 3 evils.... I even have a miaow miaow attached to my libre which sets my alarm off on my phone if I go too low or high!
Marvellous.

Tony

UK T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, interesting thread! I hope the OP is a little happier with their routine now as this thread was started in Jan. I'm on different basal so have a slightly different experience.

I started taking levemir once a day when I was diagnosed. This worked for about 12 years but I then started noticing my blood glucose levels were increasing roughly 20 hrs after my daily levemir dose. This got down to about 18hrs eventually and after a discussion with my clinic I tried splitting the dose. This still works for me now.

I hadn't realised your reponse to the same insulin might change over time, so thought I'd post in case others hadn't realised this either. Libre/dexcom can massively help you spot these trends over time. Many have even tried different insulins after discussing this with their diabetes team which has worked for them.

I now take a smaller levemir dose in the evening, then a larger one when I wake up. This seems to be working well for me, though I do regularly tweak the doses. I often don't eat breakfast so only have 2 other injections a day for lunch/dinner. Have to say the simplicity of the libre and just injecting before meals makes me feel like I can forget about having diabetes. Don't get me wrong, I've been irritated in the past, but seem to be in such a routine that I don't find 4-5 injections a day a problem. I usually only have to use correction doses when I guess carbs if eating out/at a friend's.

I eat under 100g carbs a day, often much less, just because that is the diet I've always preferred (have never tried to eat low carb on purpose) but have never noticed needing to inject for protein for meals with no carbs. I assume this is because I ususally have carbs with at least one meal a day?

Whenever my bloods creep up or down I do tend to find a tweak in my basal stops this. I can often easily see this as I don't eat breakfast, so this tells me if my basal is right from dinner-lunch. Obviously not saying others should skip meals, but basal testing is useful. Hope you've been able to sort something with your diabetes team.

Seaquest

Disagreeing is part of what a forum is all about N066 the trick is to disagree nicely and I don't always find it easy making a point in a way that doesn't come across rude/smug/ill mannered etc...
I am that used to "thinking" like a diabetic it doesn't bother me in the slightest but the same cannot be said for the 2 stomach problems I have so I do take your point and in my case the diabetes is the lesser of the 3 evils.... I even have a miaow miaow attached to my libre which sets my alarm off on my phone if I go too low or high!
Marvellous.

Tony
I realise now everyone's outlook and possibly multiple other health conditions contributes to a complex mix..When I mentioned 1 a day jab improvement I wasn't referring to going back in time, to the bad ,hard old days glass syringes etc. I ment advancement you take 1 jab in morning pen system and that's it.That would be progress but I honestly think they dont want progress as the pharmaceutical companies , consultants etc are making big bucks out of diabetes.Thats just my thoughts on it.Diabetes is my biggest problem it's a massive cross to bare for me ,for you not so that's the different outlook I guess.