numbness in my head

Kenhue3501

Type of diabetes
Type 2
As you can see I have been a diabetic for four weeks and are still experiencing storage things. My bloods are great 6.1 in the morning and within the 5.7 and 6.9 range during the day. But I am getting this numbness in my head not a hypo and sugars are ok?????????? Could it be late in having my dinner???? Have had some confusion if I am a type 1 or 2 going for private blood test tomorrow as one NHS trust won't share information with another. I am going to get my medical record myself and then compare the results. now back the my head. Its like cotton wool in my temples it comes and goes. Can someone help or give me some advise.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As you can see I have been a diabetic for four weeks and are still experiencing storage things. My bloods are great 6.1 in the morning and within the 5.7 and 6.9 range during the day. But I am getting this numbness in my head not a hypo and sugars are ok?????????? Could it be late in having my dinner???? Have had some confusion if I am a type 1 or 2 going for private blood test tomorrow as one NHS trust won't share information with another. I am going to get my medical record myself and then compare the results. now back the my head. Its like cotton wool in my temples it comes and goes. Can someone help or give me some advise.

maybe your body reacts as if your blood glucose is low even though you are not because your body has been used to high blood glucose for a long period..

It is a good idea not to eat late and to have as many hours of not eating in a row together with night and sleep, it lowers the very raised insuline levels that type 2 diabetics typically have ... unless of cause you are taking insuline affecting medications

try to ignore it if it is not very servere, but do mention it to your GP or diabetic nurse... maybe your body just need time to get used to much lower levels..

in the graph I put here under you can see what to aim for, the green area is the normal levels , yellow are the prediabetic levels all other are diabetic levels with serverely raised blood glucose
50shades - Copy.png
, go as low in carbs as you can and aim for nor mal non-diabetic levels if possible :

Last edited:

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
can you be type 1 with that low levels of blood glucose ?

do you think yourself that it could be neuropathy ?

Kenhue3501

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi thanks for that information yep type 1or 2 still not clear will find out in the next week or so. With the weight loss I have lost a stone before diagnosis another in the first three weeks but now have stopped will have a HBC1c next week to compare four weeks ago. Eating like a rabbit with some carbs still at a loss why the weight has stopped coming off? Thanks again

Kenhue3501

Type of diabetes
Type 2
maybe your body reacts as if your blood glucose is low even though you are not because your body has been used to high blood glucose for a long period..

It is a good idea not to eat late and to have as many hours of not eating in a row together with night and sleep, it lowers the very raised insuline elvels that type 2 diabetics typically have ... unless of cause you are taking insuline affecting medications

try to ignore it if it is not very servere, but do mention it to your GP or diabetic nurse... maybe your body just need time to get used to much lower levels..

in the graph I put here under you can see what to aim for, the green area is the normal levels , yellow are the prediabetic levels all other are diabetic levels with serverely raised blood glucoseView attachment 23058 , go as low in carbs as you can and aim for nor mal non-diabetic levels if possible :

Kenhue3501

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks for all the information need to go on a carbs course when I can get seen at the clinic counting the days down till the 1st Aug

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
are you on insuline now ?

I´ll tag @daisy1 so you´ll get the valuable information everyone new in here gets ..

if you are taking insuline then food is not only about going lower carbs that can in fact be dangerous to people on insuline so... please inform us of your medications along with questions here :) so you´ll get advice that are not dangerous for you to do

Reactions: MickieB