1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Numbness

Discussion in 'Diabetes Complications' started by Shecat, Feb 7, 2015.

1. millysue

millysue Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info, will check that out.

2. pmasoft

pmasoft Type 2 · Newbie

Hi all,
    this is my first post and thought I would share. I was first diagnosed with T2 a few years ago when I went to my doctor with numb/tingly toes. Been on tabs ever since. HOWEVER, about a year ago I started using Barley grass (powder form; teaspoonful in small glass of water) which I take once or twice a day.
    My toes are no longer numb and the tingling has reduced big time. My diabetic nurse was surprised at the improvement on my last visit as she said it doesn't improve once you have it, but was told they cannot use my experience to advise other patients as no clinical trials have been or would get done as it is a food. Presumably no profit for the drug companies either!! Interestingly, I sliced my index finger almost to the bone over 15 years ago and suffered pins and needles ever since due to nerve damage; that too is also improving.

So nothing to lose but all to gain if you want to try it out.

Paul

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook