Nutritional Drink as Meal Replacement

Ruadhan28

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello Guys

I would like to ask if someone drinks these nutritional powders. And how it affects your BG Levels.

Regards.

Ruadhan28

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Here....
IMG_20240225_141006_917.jpg

eventhorizon

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi.

To get a better idea a picture of the nutritional data on the reserve would be useful.

• Friendly
Reactions: Ruadhan28

mouseee

Nutritional info would be the place to check. If you are attempting to stay low carb then the word 'with cereals' on the chocolate one rings alarm bells with me.

• Friendly
Reactions: Ruadhan28

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
From the perspective of blood glucose control I don't think drinking your food is particularly helpful. Liquid food is going to be quickly digested and any sugars will find their way in to the blood in no time. Much better to eat real food and let your body work to extract the nutrients.

Ruadhan28

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello guys, for the comfort of everyone :) and for us to enlighten everyone.

Regards.

Attachments

• Diabetamil_1.jpg
    Diabetamil_1.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 59
  • Diabetamil_2.jpg
    Diabetamil_2.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 58
  • Diabetasol.jpg
    Diabetasol.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 62
  • Glucobest_1.jpg
    Glucobest_1.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 60
  • Glucobest_2.jpg
    Glucobest_2.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 56

Ruadhan28

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Nutritional info would be the place to check. If you are attempting to stay low carb then the word 'with cereals' on the chocolate one rings alarm bells with me.
Thanks for this @mouseee , i will try to check my BG before and after taking these nutritional drinks. :)

Ruadhan28

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
From the perspective of blood glucose control I don't think drinking your food is particularly helpful. Liquid food is going to be quickly digested and any sugars will find their way in to the blood in no time. Much better to eat real food and let your body work to extract the nutrients.
Thanks for this recommendation @catinahat . Btw, that link was very useful, thanks much. :)

Reactions: catinahat

eventhorizon

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
They're all pretty high carb and will mostly likely have a significant impact on raising blood sugar levels.

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello guys, for the comfort of everyone :) and for us to enlighten everyone.

Regards.
Those are all high in carbohydrate. I am very wary of anything marketed directly "as suitable for diabetics" as this is usually untrue. It's been unlawful to do this in the UK for many years.

I think the lowest "per serving" one has more carb in a 100g serving than I eat in two days. So if I ate any of them I'd expect to see vastly elevated blood glucose levels, and therefore I would not ever consider eating these or anything remotely like these.

If you're testing before and +2 hours after meals you'll find out what impact they have on your system. Maybe you can deal with them. I know I couldn't.