Nuts spiking blood sugar?

nkechi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello everyone,
just recently, I observed that after eating nuts (same quantity I have been eating for a while now) my blood sugar levels increase. I use a blood sugar monitor to monitor my levels (freestyle libre 3).
has anyone experienced this before, especially with foods that they have ben tolerating well and ideally should not spike sugars?

My default nuts are peanuts and cashew nuts.

aylalake

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being told “Oh go on, one won’t hurt you!”.
Conversely, the food police.
Hello everyone,
just recently, I observed that after eating nuts (same quantity I have been eating for a while now) my blood sugar levels increase. I use a blood sugar monitor to monitor my levels (freestyle libre 3).
has anyone experienced this before, especially with foods that they have ben tolerating well and ideally should not spike sugars?

My default nuts are peanuts and cashew nuts.
Both peanuts and cashews are known to have a much higher carb level than other nuts, and I avoid them for that very reason.

nkechi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Both peanuts and cashews are known to have a much higher carb level than other nuts, and I avoid them for that very reason.
but I wasn't reacting to them initially. it is the sudden reaction that is concerning me. my sugar levels were always steady and low after taking them.