O.m.g. Berocca

artdecomum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I got a suspisciously high BG the other morning and I didn't understand why until suddenly a flash of inspiration hit me (very painful). So this morning after my normal breakfast, my BG was 6.6 and then i drank one dose of berocca and 2 hours later my BG was 8.6. Really one small vitamin tablet spiked my BG that much. I will certainly be avoiding any soluble vitamins from now on. Has any one else had trouble with soluble vitamins?

Jenny15

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Jazz music, science denial, and running out of coffee.
I got a suspisciously high BG the other morning and I didn't understand why until suddenly a flash of inspiration hit me (very painful). So this morning after my normal breakfast, my BG was 6.6 and then i drank one dose of berocca and 2 hours later my BG was 8.6. Really one small vitamin tablet spiked my BG that much. I will certainly be avoiding any soluble vitamins from now on. Has any one else had trouble with soluble vitamins?
Some of those flashes of inspiration sure can be painful.:eek:;)

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ingredients
Acid (Citric Acid), Acidity Regulators (Sodium Hydrogen Carbonate, Sodium Carbonate), Ascorbic Acid, Bulking Agents (Isomalt, Sorbitol, Mannitol), Magnesium Sulphate, Calcium Carbonate, Magnesium Carbonate, Flavouring (Orange), Colour (Beetroot Red, Beta Carotene), Nicotinamide, Sweeteners (Aspartame, Acesulfame K), Salt, Zinc Citrate, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Sodium Phosphate, Thiamine Monophosphate Chloride, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Anti-Foaming Agent (Polysorbate 60), Pteroylmonoglutamic Acid, Biotin, Cyanocobalamin

Looks like you may be reacting to the sweeteners..

FantomPoet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The three bulking agents are also Sugar Alcohols and as they are nearer the start of the list there is a higher volume of them so they may also be your cause.

Then there is Pteroylmonoglutamic Acid.........Sounds like something that did the rounds in California in the 60's.....(Not old enough to know but just come back from the US and some of the older generation did look like they must have had something like it in their youth :wacky: )

Reactions: porl69

TTTE

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes (but I may learn to love it)
They probably add sweeteners to make it palatable

Australiadiabetic2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes ! Not only with Berocca but with tablets similar one called Voost which is similar to Berocca

Maybe i will have to stay off this type and just take the normal type vitamin B complex that you swallow

Im sure all these soluable ones must have added sugar as poster said above they add Aspartame