Ocotoberfest, Anyone Else Going And Tips On Limiting Damage

nsh2111

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello, as title says, I am going to ocotoberfest in two weeks time. I generally avoid beer when I drink since lli started lchf but that will be the only thing there.

Does anyone have any tips on how to not undo all the hard work of last few months and anyone else going there ? Would be good to meet a fellow forum member there.

N

BloodThirsty

Hello, as title says, I am going to ocotoberfest in two weeks time. I generally avoid beer when I drink since lli started lchf but that will be the only thing there.

Does anyone have any tips on how to not undo all the hard work of last few months and anyone else going there ? Would be good to meet a fellow forum member there.

N
Shiver me timbers, you are scuppered my old shipmate.
The best it will get is if you swig light low alcohol beer but who the hell would want to do that at the Octoberfest.
Grin and bear it man and drink for England.
However, IF you can find some, a jiggle of spiced rum in a tall glass of ice and soda has **** all carbs and (believe it or not) is actually a pleasant drink. Been kippered on it many times myself with good bloods in the morning.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Dance it off.
Keep moving and enjoy.
The more relaxed, the better the bgs.

Just keep testing.
I'm guessing you're not on insulin?

Reactions: nsh2111

nsh2111

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Shiver me timbers, you are scuppered my old shipmate.
The best it will get is if you swig light low alcohol beer but who the hell would want to do that at the Octoberfest.
Grin and bear it man and drink for England.
However, IF you can find some, a jiggle of spiced rum in a tall glass of ice and soda has **** all carbs and (believe it or not) is actually a pleasant drink. Been kippered on it many times myself with good bloods in the morning.
That's all the encouragement I was looking for :). Join me and we fly flag together.

Agree on the spiced rum. Lately this is my go-to drink when I am out with diet coke.
Dance it off.
Keep moving and enjoy.
The more relaxed, the better the bgs.

Just keep testing.
I'm guessing you're not on insulin?
Cheers. Yes plan to stay late and dance off. No insulin. No medication. I was in two minds about taking meter. I don't want to loose it after few you know what I mean.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
That's all the encouragement I was looking for :). Join me and we fly flag together.

Agree on the spiced rum. Lately this is my go-to drink when I am out with diet coke.

Cheers. Yes plan to stay late and dance off. No insulin. No medication. I was in two minds about taking meter. I don't want to loose it after few you know what I mean.
If you are relying on holiday insurance you may have to prove you took reasonable care. Take meter.
Have a great time.
Friends live nearby so once kids older I'll be joining you. Bariatric surgery will have reduced my stomach size but I'll get drunk easier too. Hopefully will just be on basal insulin too so less risk of hypos.
Ive monitored in past on metformin and alcohol. Many a heavy night out clubbing. Its far safer with no insulin or blood lowering meds to worry about. Far easier. Far safer.

You may find lower bgs as sometimes carbs can kick start things again on low carbing. For some even weight loss.
Be prepared for higher fbgs a few days later.
But worry about those after your holiday.
Enjoy! :)

BloodThirsty

Arghhh!!! Diet Coke Monitor a LCHF diet... you should be walking the plank.
Say it slowly "S-O-O-O-D-A".
PS. I would love to accompany you but 'er in the cabin would have very harsh things to say about it. Strange blokes women.

Reactions: ickihun

nsh2111

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Arghhh!!! Diet Coke Monitor a LCHF diet... you should be walking the plank.
Say it slowly "S-O-O-O-D-A".
PS. I would love to accompany you but 'er in the cabin would have very harsh things to say about it. Strange blokes women.
Tonight I will do S O O O O D A :))

Onerunshort

N
I am a very keen beer drinker and enjoy days at cricket and rugby with friends having a few pints. This time of year is particularly bad! I have switched to wine when Im not at these events but have had a few beers when I am. My HBa1C went from 49 to 38 on a LCHF diet so I can live with that. I will reassess if it goes up and re look at the beer but in the meantime I shall carry on enjoying a few jars.

Onerunshort

N
I am a very keen beer drinker and enjoy days at cricket and rugby with friends having a few pints. This time of year is particularly bad! I have switched to wine when Im not at these events but have had a few beers when I am. My HBa1C went from 49 to 38 on a LCHF diet so I can live with that. I will reassess if it goes up and re look at the beer but in the meantime I shall carry on enjoying a few jars.

Reactions: ding79