Odd day, any thoughts?

lowedb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So, I've been in fairly good control recently, BG in the 6's and 7's with the odd excursion lower and higher. But then after a physically busy day (digging in the garden and working on the cars) got a BG of 9.0. Now I know exercise can push BG up but 2 hours after dinner I got 3.3. Didn't believe it so retested and still only 3.7. Never had a reading below 4.3 before. Real surprise is the massive drop. Don't feel hypo either.

Not worried about it, just seems odd.

Reactions: Prem51 and Freema

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes it can be quite mysterious sometimes I have found that excercising for 6 hours doesn't lower my blood glucose still like 5.8 when getting home , But Then 3 hours after relaxing at home them it is sometimes like 4.8 mmol which I really have a hard time reaching at all . I Think it is the adrenaline that keeps it High during ativities and more in some People than others maybe also due to What sex and What level of testosterone one has and How Big the activated muscles are and Then later it shows that the reserves are empthied after all in the end

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@lowedb I go high after exercise but crashingly low several hours afterwards. If I've been to the gym in the morning I'm low after lunch; if I'm exercising in the afternoon I'm often hypo in the night, if I don't take action (like a snack or turning down my pump - I'm type 1).