Odd skin feeling

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not sure if this is diabetes related or not..
About 10 days ago I got the feeling on about 3 square inches of my lower calf that I was sitting in a draught but when I checked I wasn't .
Then a couple of days later it felt like there was cold water running down that part of my leg, but of course there wasnt.
Since then I get the draught or water feeling quite often, even when warm and tucked up under the duvet.
Theres no sign of any irregularity on the skin. It doesn't itch, isnt numb, is always the same only place and everything else is ok other than some dizziness sometimes when standing and a few mild migraines.
I thought I might be imagining it, but it's happening more and more
Any ideas any one?

Olive_B

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds like nerve pain... I have sciatica and get the strangest sensations because of it. Unfortunately I don't know enough to say any more about whether or not this is diabetes related as I'm very new to it!

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have nerve damage in my jaw from an old tooth infection. That gave me very strange , strong and painful sensations initially, and still does some 5 years later
But I dont know of any infection or injury that would have sparked this odd sensation in my leg...
It's really quite weird

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@MrsA2 - This is something you need to have a professional opinion on.

Reactions: MrsA2

type two paul

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
The nervous system (and that is part of pain, sensation depression etc) is very weird.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree that you need a professional opinion on this.
There are a lot of things that can go wrong other than diabetic neuropathy, so best get it checked out, if only to put your mind at rest.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just an update to say the strange sensations went away about 2 weeks ago.
They weren't bad enough to bother doctor with, just weird.:woot:

Reactions: Brunneria