Odd things affecting BG, all types

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have had adrenaline spikes and had spikes which I put down to stress, but I never associated the two. Also I would have expected the adrenaline spike to happen immediately as in - I need the extra energy right now for this potential fight or flight.
Yes, I'd expect it to happen immediately as well, but my experience is that it doesn't always, for me at least, might be different for you.

Reactions: Antje77

Zilsniggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Pretty easily explained by stress response, other than hypos at vets. The first two would result in cortisol release(stress hormone) which would result in higher blood sugar response. Not sure re vet appointments though!

Reactions: Antje77 and filly

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Pretty easily explained by stress response, other than hypos at vets. The first two would result in cortisol release(stress hormone) which would result in higher blood sugar response. Not sure re vet appointments though!
The second one (driving busy scary motorways) drop me though, and like you said I'd expect the same rise from stress reaction as the dentist gives me.
So my thinking is that the hard brain work uses up a lot of glucose, just like exercise does.