Oddly Low blood sugars

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So, had a 30 min exercise bike earlier, just before food. Checked my levels at was 2.6, repeated and came out at 2.7

So, i did feel a little odd, but nothing significant. I'm now only on Metformin 1000mg, so this seems odd

Morning fasting 5.2. I haven't done a good day food wise, Mexicana cheese and ham for breakfast. A Greggs sausage roll and glazed ring doughnut at lunch. (I usually do better)

So a 2.7 is bizarre, this was about 5pm And I had fish and chips (again, I know!) And later Greek yoghurt and strawberries and another piece of Mexicana. I've just done another 25 minutes bike ride and My bloods are now 5.7 (2 hours after the cheese).

Any ideas?

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Did you have your Covid vaccination today? The day I had mine my blood sugar was very low all day.

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is the exercise new or have you lost serious weight lately. Only time I've seen those sort of readings would be from a insulin overshoot after eating sweets

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Is the exercise new or have you lost serious weight lately. Only time I've seen those sort of readings would be from a insulin overshoot after eating sweets
Been exercising 30mins a day, watt increase from 65 to about 200 since May, lost 32kg since May

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Did you have your Covid vaccination today? The day I had mine my blood sugar was very low all day.
Nope, no vaccine yet
I know biking for me tends to pull my bloods down by the levels were well beyond my expectation

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd reckon its biking after a very carby lunch

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Been exercising 30mins a day, watt increase from 65 to about 200 since May, lost 32kg since May

Big congrats on the weight loss. What's your latest HbA1c ?
Also,have you a back up meter by any chance ?

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Big congrats on the weight loss. What's your latest HbA1c ?
Also,have you a back up meter by any chance ?
Was 38 in december
No backup, well maybe but no strips. Thinking meter reading a bit wonky?
It's 5.5 this morning so back to normal

Last edited: