off to see the doc

hazey

hi folks!! i'm off to see my doc next monday (31/03) and as some of you are aware i don't think i've had the best advice off him as of to date. i've already been given some questions to ask him, (thanks sarahQ), but if any of you can think of any more which will help my case i'd be extremely grateful. at present still feel ill and my doc doesn't want me to have a meter to do my readings. anyway best wishes to you all and hope to hear from any of you before monday with any questions for him

warmest regards to you all

hazey

hazey

sugar

Hmmm, I guess it depends how you want to play it! If it were me, I would state that I feel dreadful, and know that this is due to my sugar levels and I need their help to improve them. Obviously, this is something that you have to manage yourself, but how can you can manage itm if you don't know what your BG is? I am not sure if this is still true, but the Diabetes UK charity...not this site, have a magazine for diabetics, and it is called "Balance". Now, I don't know much about the magazine itself, but it was excellently named, because, all diabetics need to balance what they eat and the BG levels, by whatever is teh most appropriate means, be it diet, tablets or insulin. The thing I worry about is that you will be told that you simply haven't given your current course of treatment enough time...and there may indeed be some truth in this, however, if you are still feeling as bad as you did when you were first dignosed, then something needs tobe done. There is a huge difference between some improvement and no improvement!
I would also stress (indeed overstress if necessacery!:twisted:) about your feet and dizzy spells. This needs sorting ASAP, and can not be left for 3 months.

Alas, I hate my own advise! I really wouldn't want to overempasise suffering and conditions, but in your case, it does seem necessary to get any help from your Dr. I know you said that they were diabetic...sometimes this can help, but I guess it does sometimes give the feeeling that"well, I know what this feels like, and I don't know what they are going on about, it isn't so bad!" Well, I have been diabetic for years, and can't remember the last time I felt dizzy because of it...so try and make the point that you know you need their help.

Best of luck!

Whitevanman

Hi Hazey,
Ask your doctor why he has not complyed with the guidelines from N. I. C. E., 2007 which came into affect on the first of April this year????????
N.I.C.E. are the ones who control how he treats you, the new guidelines state home blood glucose testing should be encouraged.
There is a link to the compleat report in a reply from Dennis on your post on page one.
Whitevanman.