1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Ok as long as

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Kristyturnerrogers, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Kristyturnerrogers

Kristyturnerrogers Type 1 · Member

So my sugar levels are fantastic unless...I get stressed. Thus this week has been...interesting. I'm a caregiver and one of my clients passed, the other responded to her broken heart physically and declined enough we had to hospitalize her. My place to live is dependant on my work, so I'm suddenly homeless and jobless. The family of my clients compounded it by not paying me for the week last week! Just frustrated and sad and my blood sugar responded in kind. Highest numbers I've had in over a year and a half!

• Hug Hug x 4
  2. Salvia

Salvia Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

It must be a very stressful time for you just now, so sorry for your loss. Have no experience of your particular situation, so can't help with any advice, but I do hope the rellies come to their senses, and your levels settle down soon

3. totsy

totsy Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi,
    so sorry your in this position, i cant really help but can relate to the stress causing high bloods,
    Im having a very stressful ime at the moment and im getting some very high numbers, hope you can get sorted soon

4. Kristyturnerrogers

Settling into a new home. I have 18 new job referrals to follow up on this week. Living in a home my service dog is allowed in. Things are looking up quickly! Still off on the numbers, but not for as long due to jazz helping me. Feeling the stress go as we finalize our battle plan. Thank you for listening. I think I just needed to rant a bit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Kristyturnerrogers

[​IMG]
    Jazz alerting to a high sugar level. He's such a good boy!

• Winner Winner x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook