Old hat, new face

Angelicus

Dislikes
People who like the sound of their own voice and think they know better than everyone else.
Greetings from the North West!

My name is Jen, I'm in Liverpool. Had type 1 diabetes for over 16years and was diagnosed aged 9 at Alder Hey hospital.
Now struggling to keep stable and not feeling very supported from my adult clinic.
Awaiting issueing of a pump (very excited!) No-one ever gets back to me though to tell me why it's taking so bloody long!
Only diabetic in my family. Not even a type 2.
Feeling rather lonely with it all at the moment.

Already feeling at home here :)

Jen x

dragongirl

Greetings from the north east! And welcome. Sorry the adult clinic isn't supporting you as well as the previous one did. I think it's fairly common to have a very different experience at change-over. You could ring and ask what the delay about the pump is? The worst they can do is say they don't know :lol: Which would be pretty common too... I'm "only" a type 2 but I agree it's very welcoming here with an "at home" feeling. Stay around and ask anything - usually someone knows something that might be useful.
Hope you're not snowed in - I am but with the internet it doesn't feel so bad. A metaphor for having this forum I guess!
DG

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi Jen.
Welcome to the forum. Have a good look around especially the Type 1 area of the forum. As DG has said if you have any questions or just want to join in the discussions, fire away. There is always somebody here with an answer to most things.

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya jen and a warm welcome to the forum :D
i am also the only diabetic in our family so finding this sight was a godsend as id never spoke to a type 1 before, hope we can be of help to u too