Old supplies

Steffany

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I’ve moved from Medtronic to the omnipod 5 and I’ve got a load of Medtronic supplies that haven’t even been opened. I rang Medtronic and asked if they wanted to collect them or something and they said it was up to my team, my team are pretty hard to get hold of - I’ve runs them a few times already and I can’t get through. I don’t want these supplies to simply be destroyed seeing as a lot is still sealed and could help someone - we’re talking brand new mio advances, guardian sensors (guardian link 3 compatible) all in date. Is there any way I can get them to someone who needs them?

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This charity may be able to use them, they used to send to developing countries but that stopped with the pandemic but according to their website they are still sending to the Ukraine

Diabeticger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bread, Potatoes, anything Carby
sorry to hijack your thread , but how do we dispose of dexcom applicators ?

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
In a sharps bin, either from your gp or local council, but I know from another thread that some people can't get sharps bins disposed of, so I'd check first before you ask for one. Our local council collects them.

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I’ve moved from Medtronic to the omnipod 5 and I’ve got a load of Medtronic supplies that haven’t even been opened. I rang Medtronic and asked if they wanted to collect them or something and they said it was up to my team, my team are pretty hard to get hold of - I’ve runs them a few times already and I can’t get through. I don’t want these supplies to simply be destroyed seeing as a lot is still sealed and could help someone - we’re talking brand new mio advances, guardian sensors (guardian link 3 compatible) all in date. Is there any way I can get them to someone who needs them?
There’s a Facebook group where people trade unused/unopened supplies to other people just for cost of postage. It’s called UK Type 1 Diabetics Pay it Forward

• Informative
Reactions: Antje77