Omniipod dash fell off

Nannynet

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes
I have been using Omnipod dash since April and had various problems, but my latest is I put new pod on back of my arm tonight for first time waited two hours then got in shower at which point pod fell off? First one to do this, any idea why this would be I was hoping this could be new site as I can't use legs due to absorption problems, I have various problems I'm forever changing Basal levels, but now pod falling off, it still showed it was working on pdm? No alarm? Any help appreciated, thank you.

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have been using Omnipod dash since April and had various problems, but my latest is I put new pod on back of my arm tonight for first time waited two hours then got in shower at which point pod fell off? First one to do this, any idea why this would be I was hoping this could be new site as I can't use legs due to absorption problems, I have various problems I'm forever changing Basal levels, but now pod falling off, it still showed it was working on pdm? No alarm? Any help appreciated, thank you.
Morning Nannynet

I have not experienced a pod falling off. I have experienced other things such as bleeding and bruising. I wonder if the problem is the size of your arms related to the size of the pod and getting the pod on a flattish area of your arm. I have started using adhesive overlays to hold the pod in place securely. I have tried various and Omnipod Pod Pals works best for me. You can find a range of these products online.

Hope this is off some help

dannyfshaw

Type of diabetes
Type 1
You can buy special waterproof patches on Amazon, just search for

Freestyle Libre Sensor Covers​

Saffi

I use alcohol wipes to ensure that there is no grease eg from body lotion, before I apply a new pod. I use the shower and go swimming with no problems

Marg_2105

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi, I’ve had lots of problems with pods falling off. My consultant recommended Skin Tac which does the trick until I travel and hit heat and humidity. There is a guy on Etsy who makes arm bands for Omnipod which are adjustable - I am going to order 2 (he will make bands to fit waist and thigh). I also have a similar thing for my Libre 2 sensor which I ordered from Amazon UK. Hope it helps.

Reactions: Nannynet

etmsreec

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think it’s probably the same as the Libre - if one gets into the shower shortly after applying a Libre sensor it’s likely to fall off. It takes time for the acrylic adhesive to get to full strength. Similarly, get into the shower shortly after applying a pod and it’s likely to fall off.
Skintac can help if the weather is warm and/or doing physical activity. The lesson in my case was change after the shower, not before. Remember that the pod will work for eight hours after the expiration time provided that it still has enough insulin left.

annabanner

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I find that cleaning the skin witb alchol gel first really helos the pods stick
Make sure the area is dry first before adhesion

Cyclist Paul

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Use skinsafe available on your prescription from GP, comes in a small blue aerosol, little spray on your skin, wait a couple of minutes to go tacky, and then fit your pod. You will probably then need liftplus to soften the adhesive for easy removal.

Reactions: eventhorizon

Bluemarinejosephine

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dear Nannynet,

I hope this message finds you in good health.

I've encountered a recurring issue with two pods so far, and I'm at a loss to explain why this has occurred. Despite following the process recommended by Insulet, the pods failed to adhere properly to my skin. Both pods were applied to my abdomen, a recommended site, and yet the adhesive seemed ineffective.

Within your Omnipod Account, under the 'Support' section, there's an option to 'Report an Adhesive Issue.' Perhaps it's worth exploring if Insulet would consider sending a replacement pod (it might be worth a try?).

Warm regards,
Josephine

Reactions: Nannynet