1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

OMNIPOD / DASH Insulin Management System

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by SHROPSHIRE_LADY, Jul 16, 2020.

1. SHROPSHIRE_LADY

SHROPSHIRE_LADY Type 1 · Member

Hi everyone, just received my free sample of my pod experiance kit, (just the pod only) don't know how long this has been going but it looks interesting, no injections, no testing, no testing strips etc: all you get is the pod which carry's your insulin, you attach this to your body and a phone type monitor which tells you your blood sugar you then administer your insulin as required through the phone.
    Has anyone out there got one and if so, what do you think about, it also what is the cost?

2. Clementine68

Clementine68 Type 1 · Member

I didn't think it tested your blood? Just ordered my tester kit but my brother uses this. He has libre sensor for blood glucose and inputs blood glucose level and what carbs eating into the 'phone' (PDM) which then let's the omnipod know how much insulin to provide.

3. MeiChanski

MeiChanski Type 1 · Well-Known Member

The dash doesn’t test your BG, I think you’ll need a separate BG meter to enter your readings and carbs to bolus for food. With cost, you can go privately for it but you’ll need to pay for everything. NHS funding depends on which CCG you are with and if your diabetes team have this as an option for you to choose.

4. Medusa41

Medusa41 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

My DSN has ordered mine this week as I am due a pump upgrade. Yes think it has a Freestyle testing kit & the PDM is wheee you input the info like @Clementine68 says. I tried the tester one too to see how it felt to wear it. I was very impressed as its discreet and I swim 3x a week so it’ll be great to have a tubeless pump. Good luck.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook