OMNIPOD / DASH Insulin Management System

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
NOT A LOT REALLY.
Hi everyone, just received my free sample of my pod experiance kit, (just the pod only) don't know how long this has been going but it looks interesting, no injections, no testing, no testing strips etc: all you get is the pod which carry's your insulin, you attach this to your body and a phone type monitor which tells you your blood sugar you then administer your insulin as required through the phone.
Has anyone out there got one and if so, what do you think about, it also what is the cost?

Clementine68

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I didn't think it tested your blood? Just ordered my tester kit but my brother uses this. He has libre sensor for blood glucose and inputs blood glucose level and what carbs eating into the 'phone' (PDM) which then let's the omnipod know how much insulin to provide.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The dash doesn’t test your BG, I think you’ll need a separate BG meter to enter your readings and carbs to bolus for food. With cost, you can go privately for it but you’ll need to pay for everything. NHS funding depends on which CCG you are with and if your diabetes team have this as an option for you to choose.

Medusa41

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My DSN has ordered mine this week as I am due a pump upgrade. Yes think it has a Freestyle testing kit & the PDM is wheee you input the info like @Clementine68 says. I tried the tester one too to see how it felt to wear it. I was very impressed as its discreet and I swim 3x a week so it’ll be great to have a tubeless pump. Good luck.