searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
I'm due to get my pump replaced and after talking to my team have decided to go for the Dash. Does anybody know if there is a blood glucose meter included or will that need to be pur based separately?

Check in some countries it comes included with the contour next one meter as this will connect to the dash pdm by Bluetooth

dan86

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Check in some countries it comes included with the contour next one meter as this will connect to the dash pdm by Bluetooth

I received my DASH yesterday having been on the old PDM for 4 years... as others have said, in the UK (and from what I gather in Europe in general), you do not get a BG meter included. And after calling them I was told that because of regulatory reasons the Contour Next One does not link with the DASH as it does in the US. Indeed, cannot link with any external device currently because of regulatory reasons. They said that the regulator didn’t want to have something external transmitting glucose readings to it which could open it up to errors.

I’ve got to say that for me was a disappointment.

Edit: and I assume this is why no mention of the Contour is made on the UK version of the website at all.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
I received my DASH yesterday having been on the old PDM for 4 years... as others have said, in the UK (and from what I gather in Europe in general), you do not get a BG meter included. And after calling them I was told that because of regulatory reasons the Contour Next One does not link with the DASH as it does in the US. Indeed, cannot link with any external device currently because of regulatory reasons. They said that the regulator didn’t want to have something external transmitting glucose readings to it which could open it up to errors.

I’ve got to say that for me was a disappointment.

Edit: and I assume this is why no mention of the Contour is made on the UK version of the website at all.

Now this is disappointing . I have an appointment at the pump clinic in July at which point I assume they will discuss what pumps are available and tandem is available in my area so it just strengthens the case for me to go the tandem route