Omnipod dash

lameksel

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I am planing to start using Omnipod dash insulin pump. Currently, I am not using pump, I take insulin by pen, novorapid and levemir. I like this idea, pump without catheter, so it is time for me to go with pump using. I would like to here, from onmipod dash users, what can they say pro/con this pump. Tnx

mnickle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there, well I’ve been using the Omnipod Dash for 3 weeks now so not long. So far it’s been brilliant for me. It’s brought my sugars down I use to run with sugars between 15-20 now I run with sugars between 5.9-8.0 (massive difference. I was on Toujeo and Fiasp on pens and now I have Fiasp in my pump. At the moment I don’t have any negatives. The only thing I would say is the adhesive is not strong enough for me but I’m simply use cavilon spray and extra tape around the pod and it keeps it place for the 3 days. Although I change my every 2 days as I use a lot of insulin. I know a lot of people have incurred a lot of issues & problems with there pod but I haven’t. What I would say is watch on YouTube of people who have the Omnipod Dash, download the user manual get your head round the features of the pod and when you get it, hopefully it will all make sense. Very easy to use, I like the fact it’s tubeless. The pdm is very good just type your numbers in and away you go. The temp basal feature is excellent I use it everyday it really stops the highs & lows. When you get your pump be sure to insure your pdm weather on your house insurance or a company called insure for insulin pumps, it cost £6.95 a month and they will replace the pdm if anything happens to it. Make sure you get a screen protector and case to prevent the screen from cracking it only comes with a back cover. If you have any other questions please let me know it can be a lot to take in at first but I hope you have a good start to the pump as I did.

Reactions: gemma_T1

Medusa41

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi all - I was hoping to switch to the Omnipod now as my 4 year warranty is up on my Accu Chek Aviva, however, my DSN has informed me of a technical issue that won’t be resolved until Aug. Hopefully it will be sorted by then. Thanks for the info @mnickle

Heathero

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi there, well I’ve been using the Omnipod Dash for 3 weeks now so not long. So far it’s been brilliant for me. It’s brought my sugars down I use to run with sugars between 15-20 now I run with sugars between 5.9-8.0 (massive difference. I was on Toujeo and Fiasp on pens and now I have Fiasp in my pump. At the moment I don’t have any negatives. The only thing I would say is the adhesive is not strong enough for me but I’m simply use cavilon spray and extra tape around the pod and it keeps it place for the 3 days. Although I change my every 2 days as I use a lot of insulin. I know a lot of people have incurred a lot of issues & problems with there pod but I haven’t. What I would say is watch on YouTube of people who have the Omnipod Dash, download the user manual get your head round the features of the pod and when you get it, hopefully it will all make sense. Very easy to use, I like the fact it’s tubeless. The pdm is very good just type your numbers in and away you go. The temp basal feature is excellent I use it everyday it really stops the highs & lows. When you get your pump be sure to insure your pdm weather on your house insurance or a company called insure for insulin pumps, it cost £6.95 a month and they will replace the pdm if anything happens to it. Make sure you get a screen protector and case to prevent the screen from cracking it only comes with a back cover. If you have any other questions please let me know it can be a lot to take in at first but I hope you have a good start to the pump as I did.
Can you please inform me of contact re insurance for Dash is it just called Insure ?

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I had problems using the pods with extremely high blood sugar that wouldn't come down, especially on day 3, and our trust will only give you 10 to last a month, so I'd check that before you go with it. Also found a lot of them to be painful, again especially on day 3. Finally gave up and went back to another Accu-check Combo pump. For me, I think that the 6 mm cannula which inserts at an angle wasn't long enough, as I normally use 8mm.

Heathero

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks for your response. I have been using Omnipod + PDM then Dash for many years now. Not perfect but dislike idea of pump / combo joined continuously ( mostly) to body . and sleeping / swimming activities etc. Glad to hear Accu Check works well for you. I am doing well with Dash Last Hba1C 6.5 which I’m happy with.