1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Omnipod help!

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by MeganTetley, Dec 18, 2018.

1. MeganTetley

MeganTetley Type 1 · Member

Hi,
    I'm considering moving from the Accu check combo to the pods, and I'm after some answers!

1. What is the insertion process like? Does the needle remain in you for the whole three days? Or is it a plastic tube under your skin?

2. How painful do you find the insertion?

3. How comfortable is it to wear?

Thank you so much!

2. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I’ve been using it since August and I love it.

1) insertion is all done automatically by the controller, it’s a spring loaded needle that inserts the soft cannula about 7mm deep and then retracts, so it’s not stuck in you the whole time.

2) not really - no worse than a finger prick with a slightly blunt lancet imo.

3) depends where you put it - I’m aware of it in some places, and in others I forget where it is!

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook