Omnipod insulin pump

carak1987

Type of diabetes
Type 1
It is. I got.it down to 4.1 then worried I was gonna hypo, as I still had 5 units iob so that was it ha ha went back to 10.8 lmao

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
It is. I got.it down to 4.1 then worried I was gonna hypo, as I still had 5 units iob so that was it ha ha went back to 10.8 lmao
did you treat the 4.1 with carbs and not bolus for it -- or did it just drop to 4.1 and then climb to 10.8 all by itself -- LOL

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I treated it with carbs and no bolus no lol
as you get more experience with the pump -- you will be able to trust it more.

I definitely have gained a lot of confidence in mine over the 10 months -- it is at first like
"well I know what I am doing cuz I been D for xx years" -- but then turning over your control to a machine is a bit daunting
and so the trust needs building up over weeks and really even months
( at least that has been my experience )

Reactions: 2 people

carak1987

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Well I've changed my pod. My bms were 16.0 I did a correction and it hurt. Took pod off and I have a lump where my cannula was inserted. My new cannula didn't even sting. I barely felt it. So the last one was defo on scar tissue.

Reactions: 5 people

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
best choice !! onward and downward ( BG levels that is ):)

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
haha -- before i went on a pump my HbA1c's have been "perfect" for a number of years ( well perfect in my opinion)
between 39-42 for the last few years
but my latest 1 -- after 6 months on the pump -- has shot up to 49 -- i was not so happy:( -- the consultant was literally doing cartwheels round the room;) -- he thinks i run too low
i must admit to much less hypos now -- so perhaps he has a point :D
This was exactly my experience at my recent review! I was gutted that I'd gone from 42 to 46, but their opinion was that that was better. Massively fewer hypos and a much steadier line!

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I definitely have gained a lot of confidence in mine over the 10 months -- it is at first like
"well I know what I am doing cuz I been D for xx years" -- but then turning over your control to a machine is a bit daunting
and so the trust needs building up over weeks and really even months
( at least that has been my experience )
It's an interesting one. I think it really depends on how you think about it. Really (regardless of which pump you are using), what you are doing is simply swapping a basal injection for a basal rate, and they are equivalent. Now the management of your condition is done in almost realtime, instead of way ahead of time.

Put in that context, it's often easier to think about how everything works!