Omnipod is awesome

TheSCManiac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just started using the omnipod, normally my A1C hovers around 5.5, it's still around 5 but without the lows now, pretty nice, mildly annoying having things on your arm and what not, gotta love it though

Dexcom G6/Omnipod 5 >>>> MDI
Personally I think if anyone here struggles with their diabetes management, it'd be best to pair this up with a good phone, really cuts a lot of the micromanaging out of diabetes, and numbers are way less wavy

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 71
  • image.png
    image.png
    155.6 KB · Views: 74
Reactions: Antje77

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@TheSCManiac I am glad you are finding the OmniPod beneficial.
Is this your first insulin pump? I ask because I am curious why you specify the OmniPod and wonder if there are any specific features I am not aware of.
Can you clarify why you need "a good phone" for the Dexcom?
Sorry for all the questions but I would like to understand why you have this combination of Dexcom, OmniPod and phone when there are other pumps and CGMs available that are not so dependent on a good phone.

TheSCManiac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@TheSCManiac I am glad you are finding the OmniPod beneficial.
Is this your first insulin pump? I ask because I am curious why you specify the OmniPod and wonder if there are any specific features I am not aware of.
Can you clarify why you need "a good phone" for the Dexcom?
Sorry for all the questions but I would like to understand why you have this combination of Dexcom, OmniPod and phone when there are other pumps and CGMs available that are not so dependent on a good phone.
Yeah this would be my first pump, as for the phone, it's just to ensure the Bluetooth doesn't act finicky, omnipod 5 comes with a locked down android device, but id rather not carry anything extra, same goes for the dexcom (BT is just unreliable on these guys at work anyways). Omnipod 5 is just good with the dexcom since you can really pry into your management, extended bolus, reverse corrections, basal adjustment, it's pretty good if you like keeping your numbers flat (can also specify what BG you want and itll help adjust your doses)

brucie75

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I've always been very reluctant to rely on an insulin pump as I have had loads of inaccurate BS readings on my CGMs, whether Libre 2 or Dexcom 1 and G6. It's another bit of tech that can go wrong. Am I being irrational?

eventhorizon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've always been very reluctant to rely on an insulin pump as I have had loads of inaccurate BS readings on my CGMs, whether Libre 2 or Dexcom 1 and G6. It's another bit of tech that can go wrong. Am I being irrational?
It's not irrational to fear handing over your life to bits of medical tech loosely attached to your body!

I think CGMs just work better for some people than others. I use a G6 in combination with a Tslim and I'm now very happy to turn over at least 60% of day to day blood sugar management to the system. I've not slept so well in years. And it's fascinating to see how the pump manages your bloods overnight keeping a lovely flat CGM line at 6.0 all while I was fast asleep.