Omnipod/ libre and rollercoaster! Tried and tested!

Tweety88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I'm pleased to report I'm the second person I know who has tried out the libre and omnipod at a theme park and I would like to report no problems with either! I was a little high after lunch, but feel that was more user error than any machinery!

No problems to report, despite their warnings. I just decided to go for it, test and keep a close eye on things! As long as you test and react there should be no problems!

I know this is a question I've asked twice, so i thought there may be others needing to know the answer!

Double Thumbs up from me

Reactions: BeccyB

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm pleased to report I'm the second person I know who has tried out the libre and omnipod at a theme park and I would like to report no problems with either! I was a little high after lunch, but feel that was more user error than any machinery!

No problems to report, despite their warnings. I just decided to go for it, test and keep a close eye on things! As long as you test and react there should be no problems!

I know this is a question I've asked twice, so i thought there may be others needing to know the answer!

Double Thumbs up from me
Glad to hear it @Tweety88. It's great that you've come back and posted your findings:)

I'm not a pump user, but it may be entirely possible that your elevated BG's were a result of adrenaline from the roller coasters. I find a similar impact on my BG when I've been out on my motorbike.

Hope you had a great time:)

pinewood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Great! For any Dexcom users, I've never had any problems on rollercoasters / theme park attractions with my Dex.