1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

omnipod on leg???

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by paig3robinsonx, May 4, 2020.

1. paig3robinsonx

paig3robinsonx · Newbie

Hi everyone,

I recently bought a dress for a party in a few months (after lockdown obviously) and it has no sleeves, meaning my arms are on show. I’ve had my pump for over 2 years now, but have never put it on my leg as i’ve always been too scaredas it’s my birthday party, I just want to look and feel normal with no pump on show for one night. So, I was wondering, how does everyone get on having their omnipod on their leg??? Is there any problems?? Would you recommend?? I’m scared to try it, but would happily do so for just one night - please be honest with me !!

Thank you.x

2. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Expert

I usually wear mine on my thigh or abdomen, hardly ever my arms, as patients often grab them for support at work. I barely notice it’s there, tbh.

3. wd1

wd1 Type 1 · Member

Hi - I've been on the Omnipod for 3 months now and have tried every location they suggest except my arm because I have my Libre there. To be honest I found the leg quite painful (when inputting a bolus) compared to other locations but it was certainly inconspicuous. My preferred locations that are also reasonably inconspicuous are the tummy and (surprisingly) the lower back. I hardly notice the latter at all (except when driving) and it really doesn't show unless your dress is really tight!

4. JaneC

JaneC Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I've been using the Omnipod for 9 years and wear it all over my body, thighs are fine but if wearing a dress I'd suggest lower back or bum if the dress is not too tight. Some positions give different blood results occasionally but you can adjust the basals etc; give it a go. It’s not recommended but I've been using my calf this week, I use this place in winter with boots, it’s more visible at the moment but in isolation, who cares?

5. himtoo

himtoo Type 1 · Well-Known Member
    Retired Moderator

I've had omnipod for nearly 5 years and by connecting with lots of t1d's on Instagram have found people using just about every site one can think of.
    my favourites are upper arm and upper chest ( area just around the shoulder blade )
    also really high up on my stomach ( where ribs finish )

I've tried thighs a few times but always end up disappointed with absorption

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook