omnipod on leg???

Hi everyone,

I recently bought a dress for a party in a few months (after lockdown obviously) and it has no sleeves, meaning my arms are on show. I’ve had my pump for over 2 years now, but have never put it on my leg as i’ve always been too scaredas it’s my birthday party, I just want to look and feel normal with no pump on show for one night. So, I was wondering, how does everyone get on having their omnipod on their leg??? Is there any problems?? Would you recommend?? I’m scared to try it, but would happily do so for just one night - please be honest with me !!

Thank you.x

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I usually wear mine on my thigh or abdomen, hardly ever my arms, as patients often grab them for support at work. I barely notice it’s there, tbh.

wd1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi everyone,

I recently bought a dress for a party in a few months (after lockdown obviously) and it has no sleeves, meaning my arms are on show. I’ve had my pump for over 2 years now, but have never put it on my leg as i’ve always been too scaredas it’s my birthday party, I just want to look and feel normal with no pump on show for one night. So, I was wondering, how does everyone get on having their omnipod on their leg??? Is there any problems?? Would you recommend?? I’m scared to try it, but would happily do so for just one night - please be honest with me !!

Thank you.x

Hi - I've been on the Omnipod for 3 months now and have tried every location they suggest except my arm because I have my Libre there. To be honest I found the leg quite painful (when inputting a bolus) compared to other locations but it was certainly inconspicuous. My preferred locations that are also reasonably inconspicuous are the tummy and (surprisingly) the lower back. I hardly notice the latter at all (except when driving) and it really doesn't show unless your dress is really tight!

JaneC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've been using the Omnipod for 9 years and wear it all over my body, thighs are fine but if wearing a dress I'd suggest lower back or bum if the dress is not too tight. Some positions give different blood results occasionally but you can adjust the basals etc; give it a go. It’s not recommended but I've been using my calf this week, I use this place in winter with boots, it’s more visible at the moment but in isolation, who cares?

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
I've had omnipod for nearly 5 years and by connecting with lots of t1d's on Instagram have found people using just about every site one can think of.
my favourites are upper arm and upper chest ( area just around the shoulder blade )
also really high up on my stomach ( where ribs finish )

I've tried thighs a few times but always end up disappointed with absorption