Omnipod pump

Kate50500

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi all

I have just switched to the Omnipod pump after injecting for over 20 years and I am finding that my blood sugar levels are consistently high over 13. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you resolve it. Any help would be much appreciated please

Reactions: himtoo

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all

I have just switched to the Omnipod pump after injecting for over 20 years and I am finding that my blood sugar levels are consistently high over 13. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you resolve it. Any help would be much appreciated please
Have you contacted your team on this?
Are you adjusting the settings on the pump yourself or with your team?

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Have you tried putting a new pod, filled with insulin from a new bottle, on in a different site? High levels can be due to any of these not being right, or you could be going down with an infection. Once you've ruled these out, I'd check your basal rate is right as a starting point.

Soplewis12

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Grumpy People
Hi, I am a relatively new user of omnipod dash pump, 5 months now and it takes a good few months to get dosages correct. I was allowed to adjust basal as I saw fit but I would try a carb free day which tell you if your basal is correct or needs adjusting. For the first week did you test BG levels every 2 hours for the 7 days, including through the night? This would allow you to see peaks & troughs for your insulin requirements. Might be best to check in with your team to ensure they are happy for you to adjust yourself. X

Reactions: himtoo

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
hi there @Kate50500
welcome to the forum !!
when i switched to omnipod 6 years ago it was a fairly rough start. My Diabetic nurse started me on a flat profile ( same dosage every hour for the full 24 hours ) .......my blood sugars went through the roof and i was constantly at 15 and higher...........we did stay in contact twice a week and we began to adjust settings at different parts of the day and slowly over a period of 6 to 8 weeks all my basal rates were adjusted and my control came back into range . i also don't get any dawn phenomenon now that i am on a pump.