1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Omnipod pump

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by Kate50500, Sep 16, 2021.

1. Kate50500

Kate50500 Type 1 · Newbie

Hi all

I have just switched to the Omnipod pump after injecting for over 20 years and I am finding that my blood sugar levels are consistently high over 13. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you resolve it. Any help would be much appreciated please

• Like Like x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  2. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

Have you contacted your team on this?
    Are you adjusting the settings on the pump yourself or with your team?

3. Hopeful34

Hopeful34 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Have you tried putting a new pod, filled with insulin from a new bottle, on in a different site? High levels can be due to any of these not being right, or you could be going down with an infection. Once you've ruled these out, I'd check your basal rate is right as a starting point.

4. Soplewis12

Soplewis12 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi, I am a relatively new user of omnipod dash pump, 5 months now and it takes a good few months to get dosages correct. I was allowed to adjust basal as I saw fit but I would try a carb free day which tell you if your basal is correct or needs adjusting. For the first week did you test BG levels every 2 hours for the 7 days, including through the night? This would allow you to see peaks & troughs for your insulin requirements. Might be best to check in with your team to ensure they are happy for you to adjust yourself. X

• Like Like x 1
  5. himtoo

himtoo Type 1 · Well-Known Member
    Retired Moderator

hi there @Kate50500
    welcome to the forum !!
    when i switched to omnipod 6 years ago it was a fairly rough start. My Diabetic nurse started me on a flat profile ( same dosage every hour for the full 24 hours ) .......my blood sugars went through the roof and i was constantly at 15 and higher...........we did stay in contact twice a week and we began to adjust settings at different parts of the day and slowly over a period of 6 to 8 weeks all my basal rates were adjusted and my control came back into range . i also don't get any dawn phenomenon now that i am on a pump.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook