Omnipod where to put the Pods

tfishuk

After two years of putting the pods on my stomach I've started getting bleeding quite badly, so I'm trying putting the pods on my arms and so far all is good, my consultant reckons I may be hitting blood vessels.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I'm an Omnipod user too and tend to use my stomach, sides and arms (although I'm giving my left arm a rest for a while), tried the legs a couple of times with limited success and my last pod there I had to use a +20%TBR, not tried the bum as I can't see how that could be comfortable.

The arms are good but don't overdo it there @tfishuk

MushyPeaBrain

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I use the back for my insets and after hearing this my friend put her pods there and has had great success.

Fayefaye1429

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey fellow omipod users. I put on my back arms and tummy. I've been encouraged to use legs but I found it uncomfortable and it runs a lot I found. Arms I find only last about two days than three it's the only bummer of the pumps the where can I put it and it won't hit a blood vessel which is common. Good luck

tfishuk

I've been using my arms now for nearly a month without any problems whatsoever, I shall start putting pods back on my stomach again now that I haven't used that site for a month. I so much love the Omnipod (except the nagging alarm every 3 Days reminding me to change pod) but having tried other pumps this is the easiest to use particularly with the dexcom CGM

JaneC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I move up one side of body, usually starting on thigh, stomach, arm then down the back, shoulder , lower back, bum, then on to other side and this takes a month each side. I've used calf, boob, there are so many places but some do work better than others.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
on omnipod so far have been using upper arm , stomach and around back above hips
tried leg once and absorption was poor

toffski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Ive had no problems with my OmniPod although I am very new to it. Ive only used stomach and upper arms although I'm considering lower back and thighs. If anyone has any thoughts or tips I'd be grateful!

Reactions: 2 people