laurakirkup

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,
So I have been using the freestyle libre for about six months and I love it, I don't know how I got by without it before!
In my last meeting with the doctor I was told the best way forward for my control was to go onto the pump, this was for various reasons including high bloodtests through the night and morning and hypos that last for a few hours.
I am obviously on board to try anything to get better control over my diabetes as the past few years have been a bit of a nightmare but I can't stop worrying that having a pump attached to me all the time will be uncomfortable. Basically I'm being self conscious about it, which is annoying because I know it's the right thing to do!
I do a lot of dance and am often in sports gear so a pump would be quite obvious as it would show through my clothes and I was wondering if anyone on here had been through the same thing?
I'm sure you get used to it quickly and people hardly notice it but I don't know anyone who is actually on a pump so I can't ask!
Thank you in advance!

vic hill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
well i have used an accu chek combo for about 12 years
but in your case i think there is a very small pump with a very short lead that poss may fit your task better
my pump clips on a belt and also at night clips on clothes .
but some one on this site will tell the best one ..
but you coud always be hero have a pancreas tranplant i do know some body who has had one way back in 2006 so the small pump may be ideal but you woukd have to seacrh on internet the name i have forot vic 60 yearson insulin