on the verge of handing my pump back :(

ronialive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
ignorant people
I appreciate your frustration with the Roche Insight pump. E-57 errors,slow response from handset and poor battery life i had this all the time from receiving this pump back in July 2015. But my final straw was I had to return back to MDI after four and half years pumping (Combo & Insight) due to the safety recall of the steel cannulas. I was offered the Animas Vibe last week but the bolus delivery speed was too high for me due to my lipohypertrophy and my poor absorption rate. I need a pump with a delivery speed of 0.15u/sec which actually the Insight pump does have and less, and did work very well for me without any problems. So my DSN is trying to obtain a loan Medtronic 640g, which I am told could take several weeks at the present moment. Hence no other option but to return to MDI which is highly frustrating to say the least. I think it very much depends on your hospital team and if you can put up a good case to have your pump changed. In my experience Roche's standard response will be to only offer you a replacement Combo pump and they will not refund the cost of the pump back to the local hospital trust. So unless the existing pump can be transferred to another person who wants a Roche Insight pump....then it's going to be difficult to swap I guess.

You can adjust the speed of delivery- makes it much more cfortable

Rusty650

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Rusty650 is there a reason why you can not use the Teflon cannulas? If there isn't have you tried an angled set? I asked because I find better absorption with angled sets.

The teflon cannulas kink and bend on a regular basis as I am very active with sport so a steel cannula is my best option and Ive never had any problems until Roche removed them for a safety recall. I personally don't like the angle sets, so until Roche bring back the steel cannula I have to wait for the Medtonic 640g pump which has the slowest speed out of the Animas Vibe, Roche Combo,Roche Insight and Medtronic 640g.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
The teflon cannulas kink and bend on a regular basis as I am very active with sport so a steel cannula is my best option and Ive never had any problems until Roche removed them for a safety recall. I personally don't like the angle sets, so until Roche bring back the steel cannula I have to wait for the Medtonic 640g pump which has the slowest speed out of the Animas Vibe, Roche Combo,Roche Insight and Medtronic 640g.
Ah ok fair enough, have you looked at the DanaR is that any better for you? http://www.advancedtherapeuticsuk.com/product/dana-diabecare-r-insulin-pump

Rusty650

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Old_git

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

I have had a lot of problems with flexilink cannulas, sometimes they work ok, more often than not though I get occlusions which seem to be caused by kinks. Today I am on my fourth cannula -tried carefully a few subtle changes in how they are inserted but ultimately what a waste of money for the NHS. I phoned Roche today and told it will be at least a year before the steel ones are brought back (never had problems with those).