On their behalf!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Admin please remove if not allowed.

I hope this message finds you well. I have several friends and family members who have numerous questions and inquiries regarding diabetes. I was wondering if it's permissible for me to post these questions here on their behalf. If so, are there any specific introductions or details I should provide when posting on their behalf?

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
Hi @ElizabethMcCallister and welcome to the forum.
It's nice that you ask permission, because asking for multiple friends with multiple conditions/situations can cause confusion and even suspicion of future commercial intent.

Many people ask questions for friends or family who aren't comfortable to come to the forums themselves, for whatever reason. You only get into trouble if we start to think that you are using the forums to answer questions for some sort of diabetes education service.

Having said all that, if they understand english , it would be more useful to them to join themselves and get their questions answered first hand.

But have a read of the forum rules, linked below and in the signature of any moderator, and remember that we can't give medical advice...

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: EllieM and Antje77

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
If you decide to ask questions for multiple friends, then I make the following suggestions:
1. Start a new thread for each person.
2. Give details of Type of diabetes, HbA1C or other indicator of seriousness of diabetes, diabetes medications, dietary considerations, other conditions affecting diabetic control.

Reactions: Antje77