One apprehensive week gone...

Worthingbloy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rain, lies, needless items
So this time last week after having a dreadful discussion with Nurse. After reading lots of advice found here and taking everything on board (thank you for those who commented) I switched from 160g of carb to 50g. I just simply removed all the carbs. Adjusted my macro to 60% fat, kept my protein the same and what was left was carbs 50g. I eat lots of low carb vegs anyway. After some shaky days 3-4 headaches, drained etc I’m slowly getting some energy. Enough to get back to the weight training today. (I’ve got my check in with my trainer today, he’s all for whatever works long term for me) I’ve dropped my late night protein snack and am now waking up to 7.2 on the meter...way better readings
It’s a long way to go, I may need to adjust carbs lower as I go, but I’ve found dipping the toe in slowly after being well informed was the best start for me....nervous yes, happy I’m here yes, even managed 3 skinny beers and 2 large Gins, anyone wanting to start..try and see. Thank you all and I hope this Is helpful