One for the ladies - missed periods

Faith*

Dislikes
Arrogant/unhelpful people. Spiders/bugs basically anything with 6-8 legs. Creeps me out.
Hate mud unless I'm camping oddly
I had my gynae appointment last night, I don't think she know's what to do with me.
She said she wasn't too worried about the fact I wasn't having periods as all my tests have come back normal. She thinks I'm a little too active gym wise and I have dropped weight so we're thinking it could be related.
Now though she's worried about my bone density. She wants me to have a scan in 6 months and speak to my GP next week about trying me on a different pill. I was on Microgynan 30 for 3 months but I became really depressed on it so I stopped it myself (don't think she was too happy about that one).

Em - good luck next week, let us know how it goes, will keep fingers and toes crossed x

Elc1112

Update following my appointment...

Iron is on the low end if normal but still within range. Ovary scan - not much change from last time. There are cysts but nothing that is causing too much concern. BMI is normal but on the lower end if the scale - 0.3 lower than last time but the doctors didn't think this should make much if a difference. All the blood tests came back ok.

The good news is that nothing jumped out and screamed "cause for concern". They want to refer me for a couple of extra tests but they can't see any reason for the static periods. As I said above, there are a few cysts on my ovaries but they are not bad enough, or so the doctor thought, to be causing too many problems. I've been asked to go back in three months for another scan so that they can monitor things

I'm glad there isn't a anything sinister but kinda wish they had find something so I knew what was causing it all! Oh well. At least I will live another day. Shouldn't complain too much!

Thanks again for all your support :)

Em

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Loudou5

Hello, missed periods is nothing to do with Diabetes, stress at no periods is probably the problem! You woryy, naturally, that something is wrong or you're pregnant and so the stress builds up and you miss more! I had exactly the same a few years ago, I missed about 4 months in total, with no weight loss or gain and then all of a sudden they started again. I went to have a thingy for cervical cancer soon after it happened and asked the Sister there what it could be. She said that occasionally the diabetes can interfere with the nerve signals in the brain that makes us ovulate or the chemical we release in the womb doesnt happen and the period is missed. It's a hiccup that can last only a month or a lot longer. I hope that helps a little x
Hi I found ur post extremely helpful! My normal acting period has not come in 13 days. I thought I was pregnant as I had the extreme tiredness the metal taste in mouth hunger sore boobs constipation but a test today said no I’m not pregnant so perhaps it is stress related although don’t know why I’m stressed as I long so much for a baby. But thanks for posting what you did x