One for the ladies

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I had an appointment for breast screening this morning.
In the past I have asked the receptionist to look after my pump (in a small make-up bag) as it shouldn't be near x-rays, and there has been no problem. Today, I got an immediate "No!" when I asked. I was told just to leave it with my jacket in the small changing area, and it would be fine there. I wasn't happy with this but did as I was told and put the pump in my jacket pocket, as the "van" was quiet. I did point out to her that I'd been told to keep my bag with me, but it made no difference to the receptionist.

What do other ladies do when having their screening? Nothing happened to my pump this time but what about my next appointment in 3 years time?

D

Deleted Account

I gave my pump to the nurse doing the scan.
It was in the same room as the x-ray but behind a screen.

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks @helensaramay, I tried that for a normal x-ray years ago and was refused. Another time there was no problem as the radiographer's friend had a pump. I just didn't bother asking this time, as I'd been put off by the receptionist.

Last edited:

XCheesyToastyX

I recently had a chest x-ray when I was in hospital and I told them I had an insulin pump and the libre and they said it was fine!!! I did think it seemed odd!!

At least I know for next time!!! Lucky nothing broke or was damaged!!

Reactions: porl69
D

Deleted member 308541

I was told just to leave it with my jacket in the small changing area, and it would be fine there
At the radiology shops here, they supply a basket to put your outer clothes, boots, phone, wallet and anything else you may have with you.

You take the basket with you after you have put your gown on and into the scan / x-ray area. I could see my basket from where I was at all times.

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
At the radiology shops here, they supply a basket to put your outer clothes, boots, phone, wallet and anything else you may have with you.

You take the basket with you after you have put your gown on and into the scan / x-ray area. I could see my basket from where I was at all times.
The pump shouldn't be in the x-ray area unless behind the radiographer's screen.