1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

One minute Keto muffins

Discussion in 'Food, Nutrition and Recipes' started by Schmoukes, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Schmoukes

Schmoukes · Active Member

Hi - I tried the 1 minute microwave muffin today. I thought it had potential but mine was too dry and dense. What’s the answer to that? Less coconut flour? Add some water? I love coconut so it would be great to get this working!

2. xfieldok

xfieldok Type 2 · Well-Known Member

A link to the recipe might help?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Schmoukes

Schmoukes · Active Member

4. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Moderator
    Staff Member

this is a quote from the recipe, so it looks like you may need to experiment, since it could just be your batch of flour.

RECIPE UPDATE: Readers have a love/hate relationship with this recipe. I have discovered this is because coconut flour quality varies so much. So 1 tsp of one coconut flour brand may be equivalent to 1 tbsp of another coconut flour brand – hence the variations we have seen in the comments below.

This is the only drawback of using these new unprocessed ingredients, they aren’t as standardised as the ultra-processed and high-carb baking ingredients out there.

5. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Moderator
    Staff Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. Robbity

Robbity Type 2 · Expert

I've tended to avoid coconut flour for my baking as like you, I found it rather dry. I tend to use my own recipes using ground almonds, or for choccy muffins, hazelnut meal. But it might be worth trying a bit extra butter, oil, egg, whatever, or cook for a slightly shorter time.

7. britishpub

britishpub Type 2 · Well-Known Member

That is virtually always the answer.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook