One minute Keto muffins

Schmoukes

Hi - I tried the 1 minute microwave muffin today. I thought it had potential but mine was too dry and dense. What’s the answer to that? Less coconut flour? Add some water? I love coconut so it would be great to get this working!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

this is a quote from the recipe, so it looks like you may need to experiment, since it could just be your batch of flour.

RECIPE UPDATE: Readers have a love/hate relationship with this recipe. I have discovered this is because coconut flour quality varies so much. So 1 tsp of one coconut flour brand may be equivalent to 1 tbsp of another coconut flour brand – hence the variations we have seen in the comments below.

This is the only drawback of using these new unprocessed ingredients, they aren’t as standardised as the ultra-processed and high-carb baking ingredients out there.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've tended to avoid coconut flour for my baking as like you, I found it rather dry. I tend to use my own recipes using ground almonds, or for choccy muffins, hazelnut meal. But it might be worth trying a bit extra butter, oil, egg, whatever, or cook for a slightly shorter time.